- We all need a certain amount of carbohydrates to ensure that our glycogen stores are fully stocked to ensure we can perform to our optimum ability during exercise
- Slightly more complicated is the matter of pre-workout energy continuation and post workout glycogen replenishment
- L-Glutamine is one of the most used supplements within sports nutrition and in particularly the body building world
- Different carbohydrate sources with different Glycemic measurements are required to satisfy these varying requirements
- This is the period when glycogen reserves have been drained and need immediate replenishment.
Step 3- Added Branched Chain Amino Acids and L-Glutamine- BCAA’s are considered the critical cluster of amino acids, the most vital of all.
PhD Nutrition consider Leucine, Iso-leucine and Valine as integral inclusions within Battery+/-3™ for the important role they play in helping the body preserve muscle tissue throughout times of stress and during and after periods of intense exercise.
Leucine, Iso-leucine and Valine have long been heralded within the sports nutrition world
- Due to this glycogen-sparing action, BCAA’s may help prevent muscle breakdown during exercise
- It’s additionally important that along with the triple-charged carbohydrate content of Battery +/- 3™, amino acids that are vital to the muscle preservation process are also included.
This is why PhD invented Battery +/-3™.
Step 1- Long and mid-term energy- Battery+/-3™ contains fructose and maltodextrin to ensure that when taken before and during exercise, the blood sugar spike will not be so great that it impairs long and mid-term performance
- Maltodextrin has been used throughout the years as a complex carbohydrate, though in reality, it is sufficient for mid-term energy storage and additionally effective when used post exercise to replenish glycogen stores and ensure complete and efficient recovery from training.
Step 2- Immediate glycogen replenishment- High Impact carbs!- Dextrose monohydrate has a high-glycemic rating ensuring immediate and effective glycogen replenishment and an instant elevation of blood sugar for complete recovery
- BCAA’s are needed for the maintenance of muscle tissue and appear to preserve muscle stores of glycogen (1, 2)
- Energy output is a complex matter
- This ensures an anabolic and anti-catabolic environment, therefore minimising any potential muscle-loss whilst maximising the potential for muscle repair
- Fructose has a low glycemic rating (GI 23) so it’s conversion to blood sugar is slow and steady
- Famed for its ability to aid in the anti-catabolic process, L-Glutamine is a vital inclusion within Battery+/-3™
- This particular process becomes vital upon the conclusion of a workout
- This is an accepted fact
PhD Nutrition’s Tri-carb max ™ (Dextrose, Fructose, Maltodextrin) Citric acid, Flavouring, PhD Nutrition’s iso-hydrate ™ (Potassium chloride, magnesium phosphate, calcium phosphate, sodium), PhD Nutrition’s recover-X4 ™ (Leucine, Iso-leucine, valine, L-Glutamine), sweetener.
All flavours suitable for vegetarians and Gluten free.
Manufactured in a factory that handles nuts, gluten, dairy and soya
per 100G per 60G (3 scoops) per 40G(2scoops)
Energy 1454kj/348kcal 872.4kj/208.8kcal 581kj/139.2kcal
Protein 2.4 G 1.45G 1 G
Carbohydrates 84.78G 50.87 G 33.91 G
Sugars 66.55G 39.93 G 26.62 G
Fat Trace Trace Trace
Saturates Trace Trace Trace
Dietary fibre Nil Nil Nil
Sodium 200mg 100mg 80mg
Potassium 500mg 300mg 200mg
Calcium 100mg 60mg 40mg
Magnesium 140mg 84mg 56mg
• Pre-workout energy boost or carbohydrate load: Add 2 scoops of PhD Battery to 300-400ml ice cold water and shake vigorously for 5 seconds or more.
• During exercise: Add 2 scoops (40 grams)of PhD Nutrition’s Battery +/-3 to 300-400ml of ice cold water and shake vigorously for 5 seconds or more.
• Post workout: Add 3 scoops (60 grams) of PhD Nutrition’s Battery +/-3 to 500ml of ice-cold water and shake vigorously for 5 seconds or more. The post workout meal is a vital part of any athletic diet. Replenishing glycogen storage immediately after intense exercise such as weight-training may help facilitate recovery and progression.
The PhD Mission:
To provide innovative sports nutrition products that taste superb and deliver serious results.
The PhD Premium promise:
Welcome to the new and fully comprehensive PhD Nutrition website community. However, PhD are so much more than a provider of premium quality sports nutrition. We recognise that our strength is in our team and within our collective knowledge of sports nutrition and the requirements of all athletes. PhD are investors in UK athletes, from the teenage beginner to the seasoned professional we strive to grow and develop along with those who matter the most to us, the athlete.
Education is key:
As a large team of athletes ourselves we understand what you need in order to prosper and ensure that we provide the complete solution. A serious sports nutrition brand would not be complete without a support team of experts, on hand daily to back-up the PhD product line. It’s vital to us that we use every opportunity possible to educate the sports nutrition consumer and we achieve this by ensuring our website features strength and conditioning experts and world champion athletes, on hand daily to answer any of your queries via the discussion forum, or “ask the expert” feature at www.phd-supplements.com.
The PhD team of experts:
Our team of experts also extensively tour health stores around the UK, providing free product taster samples and educating the consumer about the quality of PhD nutrition and the necessity and benefits of living the athletic lifestyle. We are a close group and celebrate our success, why not come along and meet us? Keep an eye on the website for news of in-store appearances.
We take Sports Nutrition seriously:
PhD demand perfection, both within our product range and our team of experts. We deliver results, strive to ensure you achieve your objectives and invest in the future of the athletic lifestyle. Our team is passionate about what we do, we’re all serious athletes and apply our own model of success to ensuring PhD becomes the number-one sports nutrition solution.
Manufactured in the UK by experts:
Our team of product development experts research and design the best and most innovative products money can buy. The PhD Nutrition product manufacturing plant carries the BRC Global standard food manufacturing award, as accredited by the CMI.
Team PhD vision:
Investing in athletes and to create the number-one sports nutrition and lifestyle brand for the future.
We firmly believe that premium sports nutrition is for everyone. We can all benefit from quality sports supplementation which is why we work closely with athletes from all sporting backgrounds and sectors, young and old, beginner to experienced.
PhD promise to the environment:
Conscious of the current problems within the world at large, PhD Nutrition have made their stand in the often-blinkered world of sports nutrition. The new Pharma-whey eco-pouch is recyclable as well as fantastically-easy to use and carry around at your convenience.
IOC allowed ingredients, 100% Drug Free:
As our team of athletes all compete within IOC drug-tested events, every product we develop must fall within the allowed IOC product listings. It makes sense that If we are designing premium, top of the range sports nutrition, we are going to design it with our team in mind. It’s vital that every ingredient passing through their body is as clean as the ingredients passing through yours. That’s why PhD Nutrition work closely with the MHRA to ensure that all ingredients in the products featured within the PhD portfolio are safe to use by all drug-free, drug-tested athletes.
© PhD Nutrition