- They are considered essential amino acids because human beings cannot survive unless these amino acids are present in the diet
- Studies have shown that BCAA's help to stimulate protein synthesis and inhibit its breakdown, so BCAA's have powerful anabolic and anti-catabolic effects on the body
- BCAA’s are Branched Chain Amino Acids consisting of 3 essential amino acids leucine, iso-leucine, and valine
- Together they comprise approximately 1/3 of human muscle tissue
- Muscle protein synthesis (muscle growth and production)
PhD BCAA’s are vital to protein synthesis (the ability to build muscle) and also vital in reducing muscle damage
- Studies show that intense training increases the presence of muscle damage indicators (CK and LDH)
- Vitally, when we workout strenuously with weights, we oxidise amino acids (use them to fuel our training)
- Managing workout muscular stress and recovery
One of the reasons athletes fail to increase lean muscle size is down to their inability to manage workout stress and recovery
- With high plasma concentrations of CK and LDH, we cannot recover quickly and effectively (if we can’t recover, we can’t build muscle, get quicker, stronger or more powerful)
- Slow recovery means slow progression, fast recovery equals faster progression, it’s a simple equation
- If we do not replace or keep topping these BCAA’s up before, during and after exercise, we run the risk of increasing muscle damage indicators Creatine Kinease (CK) and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and missing the opportunity of recovering in the optimum time
- BCAA supplementation before and after exercise has beneficial effects for decreasing exercise-induced muscle damage and promoting muscle-protein synthesis; this suggests the possibility that BCAAs are a useful supplement in relation to exercise and sports.
- PhD Nutrition BCAA’s, the exciting first product in the brand new “Recovery range” have been designed to the specific 2:1:1 ratio required to optimise the effects of Leucine, the most important of the three BCAA’s
- BCAA oxidisation is rapidly promoted by exercise, so when we train hard, we use BCAA’s
Microcrystalline cellulose (bulking agent), Magnesium Stearate (anti-caking agent).
Capsule shell (gelatine)
No artificial colours or preservatives
No added sugar or colurs
Free from gluten, wheat, yeast, sugar
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED SERVING INSTRUCTIONS
195 capsules x 500 mg
per capsule per 15 capsules %
Leucine 250mg 3750mg *
Iso-leucine 125mg 1875mg *
Valine 125mg 1875mg *
* EURDA not established
Use BCAA's at 3 vital stages, on training days only
Swallow 5 capsules 15-30 minutes prior to working out. These can be taken with water, PhD Wired™ or PhD Battery +/-3™ depending upon work out goals.
Swallow 5 capsules during the work out with water, or PhD Battery +/-3™, again depending upon your work out goals.
Swallow remaining 5 capsules immediately after working out. These are best taken with a post exercise recovery drink, such as PhD Synergy 150-7™, Pharma-whey™ or Battery +/-3™.
For those who do not want to use PhD BCAA’s during their work out, simply use 8 capsules prior to working out (in the manner recommended) and the remaining 7 capsules after working out (in the manner recommended).
The PhD Mission:
To provide innovative sports nutrition products that taste superb and deliver serious results.
The PhD Premium promise:
Welcome to the new and fully comprehensive PhD Nutrition website community. However, PhD are so much more than a provider of premium quality sports nutrition. We recognise that our strength is in our team and within our collective knowledge of sports nutrition and the requirements of all athletes. PhD are investors in UK athletes, from the teenage beginner to the seasoned professional we strive to grow and develop along with those who matter the most to us, the athlete.
Education is key:
As a large team of athletes ourselves we understand what you need in order to prosper and ensure that we provide the complete solution. A serious sports nutrition brand would not be complete without a support team of experts, on hand daily to back-up the PhD product line. It’s vital to us that we use every opportunity possible to educate the sports nutrition consumer and we achieve this by ensuring our website features strength and conditioning experts and world champion athletes, on hand daily to answer any of your queries via the discussion forum, or “ask the expert” feature at www.phd-supplements.com.
The PhD team of experts:
Our team of experts also extensively tour health stores around the UK, providing free product taster samples and educating the consumer about the quality of PhD nutrition and the necessity and benefits of living the athletic lifestyle. We are a close group and celebrate our success, why not come along and meet us? Keep an eye on the website for news of in-store appearances.
We take Sports Nutrition seriously:
PhD demand perfection, both within our product range and our team of experts. We deliver results, strive to ensure you achieve your objectives and invest in the future of the athletic lifestyle. Our team is passionate about what we do, we’re all serious athletes and apply our own model of success to ensuring PhD becomes the number-one sports nutrition solution.
Manufactured in the UK by experts:
Our team of product development experts research and design the best and most innovative products money can buy. The PhD Nutrition product manufacturing plant carries the BRC Global standard food manufacturing award, as accredited by the CMI.
Team PhD vision:
Investing in athletes and to create the number-one sports nutrition and lifestyle brand for the future.
We firmly believe that premium sports nutrition is for everyone. We can all benefit from quality sports supplementation which is why we work closely with athletes from all sporting backgrounds and sectors, young and old, beginner to experienced.
PhD promise to the environment:
Conscious of the current problems within the world at large, PhD Nutrition have made their stand in the often-blinkered world of sports nutrition. The new Pharma-whey eco-pouch is recyclable as well as fantastically-easy to use and carry around at your convenience.
IOC allowed ingredients, 100% Drug Free:
As our team of athletes all compete within IOC drug-tested events, every product we develop must fall within the allowed IOC product listings. It makes sense that If we are designing premium, top of the range sports nutrition, we are going to design it with our team in mind. It’s vital that every ingredient passing through their body is as clean as the ingredients passing through yours. That’s why PhD Nutrition work closely with the MHRA to ensure that all ingredients in the products featured within the PhD portfolio are safe to use by all drug-free, drug-tested athletes.
© PhD Nutrition