The impressive track record of Pond's began when Theron T. Pond, a pharmacist from Utica New York, introduced 'Pond's Golden Treasure' in 1846, a witch-hazel based wonder product. In 1886 it was relaunched as Pond's Extract and in 1914 Pond's Cold Cream and Vanishing Cream marked the brand's evolution to a beauty icon. By the mid-1920s it was reflecting this positioning with endorsements by society beauties. Its stylish image was underpinned by guarantees of product delivery and an understanding of women's beauty routines and needs.
From one man in a tiny home-made laboratory, to today's state-of-the-art R&D facilities led from Bangkok, Mumbai, New York and Tokyo, the Pond's promise has remained the same across 58 countries: to deliver products that make a real difference to women's skin and the way they live their lives.