| My List Sell | Help

Sorry - this product is no longer available

This is no longer available although you may find similar or newer versions below:

Alternative products you may be interested in
  • View Large Image for Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste - Original - 75ml
    • Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste - Original - 75ml

    • Biotene |
    • Biotene Toothpaste for dry mouth supplements saliva's natural defences and strengthens teeth. Low foaming and non-abrasive, antibacterial enzyme system with fluoride, calcium and xylitol, reduces bacteria and gum irritations due to dry mouth.

Product Description

  • Biotene toothpaste contains the Biotene Triple Enzyme System and essential components to boost your mouth's natural defence system for healthier teeth and gums.

    Available in either original or gentle mint flavour, Biotene toothpaste is mild and pleasant tasting and provides long lasting protections against:

    - Cavities
    - Gingivitis
    - Inflammation
    - Excessive Plaque
    - Bad Breath


  • For best results use 2-3 times a day, preferably after meals.


  • Biotene toothpaste doesn't contain sodium lauryl sulphate, a detergent usually found in toothpaste (as well as washing up liquid and shampoo) that can cause mouth sores and irritate dry oral tissue.

    Active ingredients: Lactoperoxide (15,000 units), Glucose Oxidase (10,000 units), Lysozyme (16mg), Lactoferrin (16mg), Sodium Monofluorophosphate (0.14% w/v fluoride cavity inhibitor).


  • What Is Dry Mouth?
    Dry mouth (xerostomia) is a common but often distressing problem caused by a decrease in the amount of saliva produced in your mouth. The symptoms can range from mild dryness to severe discomfort, including the inability to speak and swallow.

    Your saliva is 99%. The other 1% is composed of proteins including enzymes (the salivary enzyme system), small organic molecules (including glucose and urea), and electrolytes. The salivary enzyme system inhibits harmful bacteria growth within the mouth. The prolonged disruption to the normal flow of saliva will cause dry mouth, thereby lessening the protective action of the salivary enzyme system.

    What Causes Dry Mouth?
    Stress, anxiety, smoking and even sleeping with your mouth open can give rise to dry mouth.

    However, the side effects of commonly prescribed medications are, perhaps, the most common cause. More than 400 commonly used drugs can cause xerostomia.

    Long term or even irreversible dry mouth can be brought on by medical treatments such as radiotherapy or head and neck injury. Dry mouth also occurs as the result of developing diabetes or the autoimmune disorder Sjogren’s Syndrome.

    How Can Biotene Help?
    Each Biotene product contains the patented Biotene Triple Enzyme System which comprises three enzymes and one protein that are found naturally in human saliva.
    These triple enzymes help to boost and maintain the vital antibacterial protection that is essential for a healthy mouth, at the same time providing the moisture essential for oral comfort.

    Combined, the Biotene range provides a complete oral care regime, each product complementing the other.

© CopyRight

  • Anglian Pharma

Find similar Items

Feedback Form