Maca is a hearty root vegetable plant, which grows in the high Andean plateaus of Peru at altitudes as high as 14,500 feet above sea level. No other food plant on earth can survive the extreme weather conditions and intensive sunlight that this amazing super food grows in. The rich soil located at these high plateaus accounts for the high levels of trace minerals found in Maca.
Please Note: Creative Nature only source Maca powder which has been derived from the plant. We do not endorse or recommend any of the extracts derived from Maca as the patents on such extracts equate to 'Biopiracy'. A term used to describe the stealing of biologically based knowledge for profit that is not shared with those indiginous communities who originate the knowledge.
• Maca contains substantial amounts of essential nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, zinc,
• Vitamin B1, B2, B12, C, E.
• Riboflavin, thiamine, ascorbic acid and essential fatty acids.
• It is also rich in sterols, alkaloids, tannins and saponins.
• Increases energy, enhances stamina, mental clarity and athletic endurance.
• Its hormonal balancing properties may help to alleviate impotence problems and menopausal or menstrual symptoms.
• It has reputed aphrodisiac properties, hence its nickname ‘Spanish Viagra’!
• Maca is high in Calcium which is known to promote healthy bone formation.