Vicks First Defence Nasal Spray - 15ml
Vicks First Defence Nasal Spray has been clinically proven to help stop a cold in its tracks and not develop into a full-blown cold. It can also reduce symptom severity and duration. Vicks First Defence nasal spray is a medical device.
Vicks First Defence is a unique micro gel nasal spray that contains no drug ingredients. It simply works in a physical way using three key actions, which supplement the body’s natural ability to trap disarm and remove cold viruses before they take hold.
The spray action ensures the Micro Gel is transferred to the back of the nasal passage where the cold virus first takes hold. Once there, the gel’s unique triple action formula creates a hostile environment, traps the virus and then helps the body to flush it out :
The micro gel supplements the body's own defence mechanism - mucus - to coat the virus so it cannot dock to the body’s cells
The gel's low pH inactivates the virus (viruses thrive in higher pH environments)
Ingredients in the gel trigger the body to create mucus – helping to flush out the trapped, disarmed viruses
Check the ingredients listed below and do not use this product if you are sensitive to any of them.
See your doctor before using this product if you have nose, ear or throat sensitivities.
Infection with a cold can also irritate the lining of your nose sometimes causing nose bleeding. Vicks First Defence nasal spray, like other nasal preparations, can irritate the lining of the nose which can result in nose bleeding. Such bleeding is rare, usually minor and of short duration. Should nose bleeding occur during a cold, avoid using Vicks First Defence nasal spray. If nose bleed occurs whilst using (or soon after using) the product, discontinue use. If nose bleed for any reason is heavy or persistent, consult your doctor.
Adults and children (12 years & older): Apply 2-3 sprays per nostril up to 4 times a day. Allow 4 hours between applications, no more than 4 applications in 24 hours.
For best results continue to use for 2 days after symptoms subside.
Use only as directed: Without tilting your head, insert the nozzle into your nostril, aiming the nozzle outwards in the direction of your ear. Then fully depress the pump 2 or 3 times with firm even strokes and avoid inhaling deeply. Repeat for the other nostril.
Aqua, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Disodium Succinate, PCA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Zinc EDTA, Zinc Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Aroma: (Menthol, Camphor, Eucalyptol), Sodium Saccharin).
The Vicks legacy is about more than just cold and flu medicine. It’s about helping families to get the most out of life, every day even on sick days for more than 100 years.
Vicks offer a range of products for the relief of symptoms of colds and coughs. Everything you need when you’re sick to make every day and night worth holding onto. So go ahead: breathe life in. Vicks can be there for you.
Procter & Gamble(H,B & C)
|By||BobJ|| | ||Posted on:|| 11/07/2014|
- 1st Defence
- Product must be too effective. Vicks removed the item for sale in Australia. This is my second order from Britain.
|By||Ziggy|| | ||Posted on:|| 04/07/2014|
- This is brilliant!
- 9 out of 10 times this product will stop your cold! I used to get two or three colds every year until I found this product. I had my first cold in two years a few weeks back. Why NZ has stopped selling this product I truly do not know. Thank goodness we can buy it from the UK.
|By||Miss Healthy|| | ||Posted on:|| 21/06/2014|
- fantastic stuff
- I hope they never stop making this, it does everything it claims. Have not had the flu or a cold since using the First Defence. Excellent for travelling on planes.
|By||Babe|| | ||Posted on:|| 12/06/2014|
- Excellent product
- Product works for me! If I get the first sign of a cold and use as directed I can stop the cold from developing thus minimising time off and being very miserable. It's great!
|By||Nick|| | ||Posted on:|| 05/06/2014|
- Fantastic product
- This stuff really does work. I was very disappointed when it was no longer sold in Australia so I am naturally delighted to be able to get it online. Thanks
|By||Wynt|| | ||Posted on:|| 29/05/2014|
- Excellent product
- We have used this product for several years and have found it very successful in helping to prevent colds
|By||WhytWulf|| | ||Posted on:|| 27/05/2014|
- It just Works
- This product is no longer sold in New Zealand and Australia, which is a shame. I have 1 bottle at home, and 1 at work. When ever I feel the start of something a couple of hits in the day and that is the last I see of the oncoming cold. It does sometimes tingle a little but only for half a minute or so, small price to pay for a working product.
|By||Nimrod|| | ||Posted on:|| 09/05/2014|
- Really works
- Lives up to the claims made for it and is worth every penny. Use the moment you feel those first symptoms, and you will never have another cold.
|By||jaqawig|| | ||Posted on:|| 02/05/2014|
- excellent product
- First Defence really works. For some reason they have stopped selling this in Australia, so I am thrilled to be able to get it online from Auravita... we are going into winter down under so I like to have it in my medicine cupboard.
It is very reasonably priced and the postage isn't
prohibitive as it sometimes can be.
|By||Yellayella|| | ||Posted on:|| 04/04/2014|
- A fantastic product that is so effective in stopping colds before they have fully set in that New Zealand no longer sells it as other companies making medications to treat the symptoms of colds were losing too much money. Highly recommend this item!
|By||jvtheartsong|| | ||Posted on:|| 07/03/2014|
- Have used this product for three years since finding it during a trip to London. I have not had a cold during that time. I use the product at the onset of a cold and the cold gets stopped in its tracks. Nothing like it in US. Well worth the expense.
|By||Lorri|| | ||Posted on:|| 28/01/2014|
- Great product
- Love this product! Haven't had a cold for 3 years as I carry this product with me when in crowds and around infected people. Unfortunately it is now unavailable in Australia
|By||Eggman|| | ||Posted on:|| 05/12/2013|
- It Works
- I'm skeptical by nature and all I can say is, if this is a placebo then it's a very good one! I have been using First Defence for some years and have not had more than a hint of a cold until recently when I ran out. As the product is no longer sold in Australia, I had to order online from the UK. While it arrived very quickly, alas the cold was established. I don't plan to run out of supplies again!
|By||Broom|| | ||Posted on:|| 25/09/2013|
- Surprise product
- By the 3rd day of a 6 week bus holiday in the UK, several people came down with very heavy colds so I went to a chemist shop where a chemist introduced me to the nasal spray First Defence. The very next day I began to feel the typical symptoms of a cold coming on with sneezing & a sore throat. I immediately put into action the Nasal Spray & within the hour, all signs of the cold had gone. In the following 6 weeks this reoccurred twice more & both times all symptoms where eliminated.
|By||Jeez Louize|| | ||Posted on:|| 24/09/2013|
- This Works!
- Vicks stopped supply of this product in Australia and lots of us are very disappointed as this product does what it claims - STOPS A COLD in its tracks. Thanks Auravita for offering First defence for sale to Australia. We are all now very well prepared for our next cold!
|By||Aussiepom|| | ||Posted on:|| 18/09/2013|
- Pity we cant but it in Australia
- Pity we cant buy it in Australia any more but thank goodness for the internet. This stuff really works. Auravita sent the goods promptly and the price wasn't too bad - certainly less than some other sites.
|By||Jaxstix|| | ||Posted on:|| 17/09/2013|
- Miracle spray
- This nasal spray is the most wonderful miracle medicine. As soon as you feel a cold symptom developing, like a sore or scratchy throat, just spray two squirts up each nostril and the symptoms disappear within a few hours. But if you leave the symptoms even a day to develop, then it's not so effective. I can't remember the last time I had a cold - wow!
|By||Poppin|| | ||Posted on:|| 11/07/2013|
- Excellent product
- We have used Vicks first Defence for many years at the first sign of a cold eg sore throat.It seems to stop the cold from getting hold and thus we haven't suffered from colds for a long time.Recommend this product.
|By||earl|| | ||Posted on:|| 26/06/2013|
- Great product
- Fitst Defence does exactly what is claimed.
Effective, simple to use and has not had any adverse effects.
|By||Aussie Ana|| | ||Posted on:|| 21/05/2013|
- Great Product
- I have used this product for my family for 10 years now to combat the flu. At the start of every Winter my family takes Vicks First Defence, and it has never failed to keep the 'flu at bay. I would be lost without this product. It is a great product and the best flu preventative I have found that really works. Easy to use too.
|By||Simon|| | ||Posted on:|| 07/05/2013|
- Top product
- Excellent product. Works really well to ward off colds when you first feel the symptoms.
|By||nolongersufferer|| | ||Posted on:|| 06/05/2013|
- The best from Vicks!
- I tested this product for Vicks in the early 90s. Can't say enough about how this stuff really works. Stops a cold in its tracks. Why suffer for a week to 10 days with an awful cold. Use this stuff within the first 2 days of a cold and be done with it on day 4! Great product
|By||Overseas buyer|| | ||Posted on:|| 01/05/2013|
- Vicks First Defence - It works
- I used to buy this product when it was sold in Australia. Now Vicks have taken it off the market there, so I am ordering it from the U.K. A great product that does what it says. I'm a bit puzzled though as to why it took three weeks to arrive by Airmail.
|By||sniffles|| | ||Posted on:|| 22/04/2013|
- no more sniffles
- Had to go across the other side of the world to get this product because IT WORKS!
|By||windmill89j|| | ||Posted on:|| 08/04/2013|
- Vicks First Defence Spray
- Well i have not had a cold to try this on yet but i can say the shipping to Australia was very fast, Seems you run a very tight and professional business there. Will come back to buy again.
|By||Expat|| | ||Posted on:|| 20/03/2013|
- First use First Defence!
- At the 'first sneeze' I use this and it works for me. It also seems to offer protection from catching a cold if used before boarding an aeroplane!
|By||papillon|| | ||Posted on:|| 20/03/2013|
- effective product
- I was very apprehensive when told about First Defence but I wouldn`t be without it now .It is very effective in reducing the symptons of colds and if used immediately the cold disappears overnight. It is excellent
|By||Nicky|| | ||Posted on:|| 22/01/2013|
- Great Help for time poor full-time employees
- This is a fantastic product as it helps save days of misery and ill helath. As a working 'mum' I can only stress the brilliance of this product !. The family and kids at school are sick with colds and flu etc and me...I just take my first defence ( one in the office, one in the car, one at home and one in my handbag) straight away when any tiny sign of a cold pops up and...I can continue as normal even though everyone else might be laid up with the 'cold or flu'. So, thanks again!
|By||MezH|| | ||Posted on:|| 14/01/2013|
- Really works
- Delighted to find this product at your store as it's now unavailable (discontinued) in Oz & it was cheaper to buy from you, including postage, anyway. From experience, I can say it really works - which is probably why it's been discontinued as Vicks would make more money on their other cold products!! Hope there's lots of stock still left in UK/Europe!
|By||Relle|| | ||Posted on:|| 09/01/2013|
- Great product
- I have used this product for years and at the first hint of a cold start using it. The cold never progresses to the usual cold and symptoms disappear very quickly. I have travelled overseas for weeks and my husband (who doesn't believe in taking anything)has had two colds while I have taken this at the first sigh and managed to enjoy my whole holiday healthily. I can't live without it and have no idea why Vicks has stopped selling it in Australia. Thank you
|By||bennvida|| | ||Posted on:|| 19/07/2012|
- It works
- This is the only product I know of that actually works to stop colds developing beyond the early stages. I was really annoyed to find that Vicks had stopped supplying it in Australia and so I looked on-line for another source. I am delighted to have found Auravita and to have received my supply of First Defence.
|By||SweetPea|| | ||Posted on:|| 07/07/2012|
- Very effective product
- This product has saved me on numerous occasions from developing a serious head cold - at the first sign of a cold I use it and it hasn't failed me yet - really important if one has a demanding job and can't afford to be 'under the weather'! No longer available in New Zealand though!! - Hence the overseas order - thank you so much!
People who bought this also bought
Top & Featured Products in Family Health