- in trifles, puddings, crumbles and pies
- Healthy and tasty..
- Your favourite pudding will taste even better with Alpro soya Custard
- Delicious, hot or cold..
- who would have thought it.
Water, Sugar, Hulled organic soya beans (6%), Modified tapioca starch, tri-calcium phosphate, vanilla flavouring, thickener: carrageenan, Sea salt, curcuma extract.
Energy value : 81Kcal/341 KJ
Protein : 3.0 g
Carbohydrate : 13.0 g
of which :
sugars : 9.9 g
lactose : nil g
Fat : 1.8 g
of which :
saturated : 0.3 g
mono-unsaturated : 0.4 g
poly-unsaturated : 1.1 g
cholesterol : nil mg
Fibre : 0.5 g
Sodium : 0.05 g
Calcium : 120 mg
Why is Alpro Soya good for me?
Soya has many nutritional benefits and this wholesome bean has been used for thousands of years. Choosing to include soya as part of a healthier diet is easy with our tasty range of milk and yogurt alternatives and delicious desserts which:
- Are naturally low in saturated fat.
- Are free from artificial colours, preservatives and sweeteners.
- Naturally contain omega 3 and 6, the good fats which can help to keep your heart healthy.
- Can help to lower your cholesterol (25g of soya protein per day as part of a diet which is low in saturated fat has been proven to lower your cholesterol levels).
From soya bean to Alpro Soya
Once they are harvested in countries such as Brazil, Canada and China, the soya beans are rapidly shipped to our productions units in Belgium, France and the UK. We first remove the beans’ outer skin and then blanch them in hot water. When they have become softer and larger, fresh water is added and they are milled into microscopic parts . This is then filtered to provide the base for our products which is used to produce the various delicious alternatives to milks, yogurts, desserts and cream.
Alpro chose the environmental friendly Tetra Pak that enables Alpro soya products to be fresh and tasty when they arrive on your table with minimal impact on the environment.
Throughout the whole process – from the field to when the finished product leaves our factories - Alpro maintains absolute traceability of its ingredients.
5 out of 5
By Lola | Posted on: 16/05/2013
Excellent for cakes and other delicacies, if you don't take milk (or if you do). Great on its own, too.