- Coconut oil is highly nutritious as it contains lauric acid which helps to boost vitality
- It is rich in medium chain fatty acids which are known to increase metabolism as they are easy to digest and immediately converts into energy rather than being stored as fat
- Coconut oil supports proper function of the Thyroid so can aid weight balance
- Our virgin coconut oil is made from the milk of freshly harvested coconuts which are fermented for 24–36 hours
- During this time the coconut water separates from the oil
- The oil is then slightly heated for a short time to remove any moisture and filtered
- The result is a clear coconut oil that retains its distinct scent and fabulous taste of coconut
- This method of extraction has been used in the Far East for hundreds of years
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Cocos nucifera
Coconut oil has a high smoke point so is great for stir-frying or in South East Asian curries.
Use as an alternative to butter and spreads
Delicious added to smoothies, stirred into porridge or as a butter alternative by making a 50% mix of coconut oil and 50% hemp oil, put in the fridge and chill
Use as a massage oil on the skin as it is easily absorbed and has cooling properties. Great for use with very dry skin or cracked heels.
Founders – Sebastian Pole and Tim Westwell – were brought together by a mutual interest in promoting wellbeing.
Sebastian was a qualified practitioner in ayurveda and Chinese and Western herbal medicine and an avid herb grower. He loved herbal teas and realised that there was a need for innovative herbal teas that tasted delicious.
Fate intervened in 2002 when Tim placed an advert in a local magazine asking, ‘Do you want to grow business in a healthy way?’ There was just one response. It came from Seb.
Together they set up Pukka Herbs, working initially from Tim’s spare room. Today there are 40 Pukka People shaping our herbal passion into the future.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Certified organic by the Soil Association
Pukka Herbs unique range of organic herbal remedies and award winning teas are based on the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda – ‘the art of living wisely.’
Ayurvedic herbs have been used for centuries to support health and wellbeing and are still the perfect complement to our hectic modern lifestyles.
pukka herbs 2009
Pukka Herbs Ltd