- Rainforest Foods New Zealand Barley Grass
- Although mankind has used Barley grain for millennia, only in the early Twentieth Century did we discover the exceptional nutritional richness of its young, leafy growth (cotyledons)
- Abundant in chlorophyll, protein, vitamins and minerals, it is a superb, broad-spectrum food to support a healthy diet
- A signature component of barley is the green pigment chlorophyll, which allows plants to convert light into energy via photosynthesis
- Chlorophyll is high in Magnesium
- Barley grass is rich in protein, which has 18 of the 22 amino acids – including all of the eight essential amino acids that the body can’t make for itself
- Barley grass is thus an excellent source of protein for vegans, who often lack it in their diets
- The vitamin content of Barley grass is also significant
- It provides 30 times more Vitamin B1 than cows’ milk, plus Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12 and antioxidant Vitamin C
- Barley grass is an excellent natural source of minerals
- As well as the Magnesium in its chlorophyll, it contains Calcium, Copper, Iron, Manganese, Phosphorus, and Potassium
- These are all essential to our diets, and can be lacking in modern, processed foods
Organic, Barley grass powder. HPMC plant-based cellulose capsule casings, Vegetarian Society-approved, Halal and Kosher-certified.
We recommend that you take 6 capsules daily, with water, mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon. We also recommend that you take a reduced dose (e.g. 3 capsules) during the first week to minimise detoxification symptoms. Store your Barley grass in a cool, dry place.
Rainforest Foods - Our Values
Since it began, Rainforest Foods' purpose has been to help people combine good nutrition with modern life. Realising that a return to time-rich living close to the land is just not possible, we have sourced a range of wholefoods whose exceptional nutritional richness can support modern lifestyles rather than forcing them to change. We look all around the world for these foods, and have them processed in a way that keeps as much nutrition as possible while making them convenient for you to use.
Some of our products are grown by people living and farming in a traditional manner. We choose suppliers that support these producers, their low-intensity production and their environmentally sustainable practices. Our foods are grown by organic methods, so their nutrition remains uncompromised by chemicals. Nature's Finest Foods... it's what we do.
Organic and Vegan Certification
All Rainforest Foods products are organically certified by the Soil Association, a UK organic certification body. Soil Association certification - indicated by the Soil Association logo and the EU organic leaf symbol on our packaging - is a guarantee that our customers are purchasing an organic product.
All Rainforest Foods products are certified as suitable for vegan use by The Vegan Society.
Rainforest Concern - Giving back
As part of its social responsibility programme, Rainforest Foods aims to raise awareness of the environmental and social change that is affecting many of the world's rainforest regions. We do this by promoting the work of one of the leading charities that operates in this field: Rainforest Concern.
For every pack we sell, Rainforest Foods will donate funds allowing Rainforest Concern, a UK-based charity, to purchase one square meter of cloud forest, to expand the Neblina Reserve, Ecuador.