- The unique formula penetrates deeper into the wood to provide increased durability
- If beading occurs, re-clean
- Providing a lightly tinted finish it will give double the weather resistance and foot traffic protection, versus standard decking oils
- Remove any loose, flaking or peeling coatings
- Retest before applying any oil
- Penetrates deeper which means it gives better adhesion to your deck throughout the year
- Unique, water based Linseed Oil technology colours and waterproofs decking in one easy step.
Improved resistance against the effects of weathering and foot traffic compared to standard Decking Oils
- This will make sure any pre-treatment has eroded allowing the stain to penetrate and adhere to the deck
Ronseal Ultimate Protection Decking Stain provides superior, natural looking protection, for a longer lasting finish
- The shade label indicates approximate colour only
- Gives a more natural look to your deck
- We recommend you test a small area to determine the final colour which may be influenced by the texture, grain, colour, porosity, type of wood and previous treatment.
The Ronseal RSLUDSMO25L Ultimate Protection Decking Stain comes in the following:
Colour: Medium Oak.
Size: 2.5 Litres.
- Rainproof in 90 minutes, Re-coat in 4 hours
- Primarily for use on pre-treated decking.
Untreated, weathered decking: For untreated grey and weathered wood use Ronseal Decking Restorer to restore the deck's natural colour and provide a sound base for application which ensures the oil penetrates effectively.
Previously finished decking: Use Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver to remove any dust, grease, oil, mildew, algae and other contaminants
- Clean the deck with Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver using a scrubbing brush to open the pores of the wood and remove any contamination from the manufacture of the timber
- Allow to dry fully before over coating.
Test effectiveness of the cleaning by splashing the deck with water
- To avoid patchiness, and if using a contrasting colour, make sure you remove all previous finishes using Ronseal Decking Stripper
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water ideally using a pressure washer
- Ensure cut ends are adequately protected using Ronseal Decking End Grain Preserver.
New wood: New decking should be allowed to weather naturally (usually 6 months)