- Reach in and feel all the textures! Help the fuzzy dog find all the bones he hid in his doghouse!
- Builds fine motor sensory play skills, plus teaches children about matching, taking turns and sharing
- Ideal for children with special needs
- Features a variety of rubber and cloth bones: smooth, silky, scratchy, bumpy, ridged and more
- Includes little dog, twenty 2"L bones (2 each of 10 textures), Activity Guide and plastic doghouse measuring 5"L x 5"W x 5"H
- Grades PreK+
Not suitable for children under 3 years.
• Where’s Ruff?
Place all the bones and Ruff inside the doghouse. Take turns reaching in to find Ruff. Now try to find pairs of matching bones.
• What’s the Word?
Place 10 bones into the doghouse. Ask children to reach inside and find a bone. Ask children to describe the texture of the bone without looking at it. A recommended word list is provided in this guide. This is a great way to enhance and ncourage vocabulary.
• Match Up!
Place 10 bones, one of each texture, into the doghouse and place the other 10 bones on the
table. Ask children to take a bone from the table and then reach inside to find the matching bone.
• What’s Inside?
Place all the bones into the doghouse. Say a texture, such as fluffy. Have children take turns
reaching inside the doghouse to see if they can find the matching bone.
Learning Resources is a leading manufacturer of innovative, hands-on educational materials for classrooms worldwide and learning toys. For 25 years, Learning Resources has been a trusted source for teachers and parents for quality, award-winning educational products in math, science, language, language arts, reading, early childhood, measurement, Spanish, ELL and ESL teaching, time and money. Product brands include Reading Rods, Pretend & Play, Gears! Gears! Gears!, Power of Science, Three Bear Family and Cuisenaire Rods. Product types include games, puzzles, card games, bingo games, board games, floor mats, floor puzzles, wooden puzzles, classroom kits, electronics, books, reading manipulatives, math manipulatives, pocket charts, activity books, activity kits, science kits, creativity and fine motor skills.
Learning Resources Ltd
3 years - 7 years