- Symptoms of the menopause
- Hot flushes
- Also known as Squaw root or Black snakeroot, the herb has been used for centuries by native Americans for a wide range of female conditions.
As there is evidence that Black Cohosh may have hormone-like actions, it should only be used by women of child-bearing potential if contraception is used.
- Night sweats
- Temporary mood changes
MenoHerb is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the relief of symptoms of the menopause, such as hot flushes, night sweats, and temporary changes in mood (such as nervous irritability and restlessness), exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy.
MenoHerb contains Black Cohosh, a perennial plant native to North America
- Traditionally used for:
This product also contains the following ingredients:
Tablet core: Cellulose powdered, lactose monohydrate, silica colloidal anhydrous, magnesium stearate, maize starch, cellulose microcrystalline, sodium starch glycolate (type A).
Film-coating: hypromellose, macrogol 4000, titanium dioxide (E171).
If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this product. Each film-coated tablet contains 142mg of lactose.
DO NOT TAKE this product if you:
- have ever had or are suffering from liver or kidney disease (e.g. hepatitis, jaundice or cirrhosis)
- have ever had or are suffering from an oestrogen dependent tumour
- are of childbearing potential and do not use contraception
- are lactose-intolerant (react badly to lactose or milk)
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- are allergic to any of the ingredients (see product description below)
- are under 18 years of age
Tell your doctor before taking this product if you:
- have a persistent history of menstrual disorders
- are currently taking a medicine containing oestrogen
Each film-coated tablet contains 6.5mg of extract (as dry extract) from Black Cohosh rhizome and root (Cimicifuga racemosa (L.) Nutt.) (4.5-8.5:1) (equivalent to 29.25-55.25mg of Black Cohosh). Extraction solvent: Ethanol 60% v/v.
For women experiencing menopausal symptoms, take 1 tablet daily
Tablets should be taken at the same time of day if possible (morning or evening). Swallow the tablet whole with some water or other liquid. Do not chew the tablets.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If you take too much of this product (overdose):
If you take more than the recommended dose, speak to a doctor, pharmacist or healthcare practitioner and take this leaflet with you.
If you forget to take this product:
Continue to take your usual dose at the usual time, it does not matter if you have missed a dose.
If you have any questions, or are unsure about anything, please ask your doctor, pharmacist or healthcare practitioner.
Schwabe Pharma (UK) Ltd
Schwabe Pharma (UK) Ltd