- PremHerb contains Agnus-castus, a native of the Mediterranean region widely cultivated in warm temperate and subtropical regions for its aromatic foliage and flowers
- Also called Chaste Tree, Chasteberry, or Monk's Pepper, it has been used since ancient times.
- PremHerb is a traditional herbal medicinal product that has been used to help relieve the symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy
This product also contains the following ingredients:
Tablet core: Liquid glucose, silica colloidal anhydrous, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, maize starch, cellulose microcrystalline, sodium starch glycolate (type A).
Film-coating: lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, macrogol 4000, titanium dioxide (E 171), iron (III)-oxide (E 172).
If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this product. Each film-coated tablet contains 124mg of lactose and 36mg of liquid glucose.
DO NOT TAKE this product if you are:
- lactose-intolerant (react badly to lactose or milk)
- pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- allergic to any of the ingredients (see product description below)
- suffering from a pituitary disorder
- under 18 years of age
Tell your doctor before taking this product if you have:
- an intolerance to some sugars (see product description below)
- had a pituitary disorder in the past
If you are taking a dopamine-receptor antagonist or agonist-type drug, there is a theoretical risk that this product may affect the way they work.
Each film-coated tablet contains 4mg of extract (as dry extract) from Agnus castus fruit (Vitex agnus castus L.) (7-13:1) (equivalent to 28-52mg of Agnus castus). Extraction solvent: Ethanol 60% v|v.
For women experiencing premenstrual symptoms: Take 1 tablet daily.
Try to take the tablets at the same time each day, either in the morning or evening. Swallow the tablets whole with some water or other liquid. Do not chew the tablets. You can take the tablets with or without food. The maximum beneficial effect of this product may take up to 3 months to develop in some women.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
Do not give to children or adolescents under 18 years old.
If you take too much of this product (overdose):
If you take more than the recommended dose, speak to a doctor, pharmacist or healthcare practitioner and take this leaflet with you. A small overdose (up to 8 tablets) may not cause any symptoms. In the event of a large overdose (more than 8 tablets) advice should be sought from a doctor.
If you forget to take this product:
Continue to take your usual dose at the usual time, it does not matter if you have missed a dose.
If you have any questions, or are unsure about anything, please ask your doctor, pharmacist or healthcare practitioner.
Schwabe Pharma (UK) Ltd
Schwabe Pharma (UK) Ltd