- Helps protect against acid erosion
- Helps protect against cavities
- Developed with dentists
- Helps harden tooth enamel
- Gentle mint taste
- Sensodyne Pronamel for Children is a fluoride toothpaste specially formulated in collaboration with dentists to strengthen tooth enamel and so help protect your children's teeth from acid erosion as well as tooth decay.
Brush twice daily for 2 minutes
Children over the age of 6 years: Use as you would an adult toothpaste.
This product is specifically recommended for children over 6 years. However, your dentist may recommend a 1450 ppm fluoride toothpaste for children aged 6 years and under if they are at risk of cavities and/or acid erosion and need extra protection.
Children of 6 years and younger: Use a pea-sized amount for supervised brushing to minimise swallowing. In case of intake of fluoride from other sources consult a dentist or doctor.
Children aged under 3 years: Use a smear of toothpaste
What can I do to protect against acid erosion?
Children shouldn't be discouraged or prevented from enjoying healthy acidic foods and drinks. They represent an important part of a healthy, balanced diet. There are a number of simple steps you can take to help minimise the risk of acid erosion:
- Try to limit the number of times a day your child's teeth are exposed to acidic foods and drinks.
- Discourage children from sipping, holding, swishing, or swilling acidic drinks around their mouths.
- Encourage your children to drink acidic drinks with a straw placed towards the back of the mouth, directed away from the teeth.
- Dairy products help neutralise acids, so encourage children to finish off their meals with a glass of milk, some cheese or yoghurt. Full of calcium, these foods will also help build strong bones and teeth.
- Try and leave as much time as possible before brushing after consuming acidic foods and drinks.
- Children should brush their teeth for two minutes twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste such as Sensodyne Pronamel for Children which is formulated to help protect against acid erosion and tooth decay.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare UK