- An easily blended drink powder containing soya protein isolate lactose & gluten free
- No added salt.
- The powder mixes easily and smoothly and is ideal for children and anyone who is convalescing
- Soya protein provides all the essential amino acids which the body cannot make and thus need to be converted from food.
Lactose free, Gluten free, Low in fat
- Alternatively it can be mixed with fruit juice, skimmed milk or water to make a wholesome nutritious drink
- No sugars
- Soya Protein is suitable for use as a nutritious thickener in gravies, savouries, stews and sauces and can also be mixed into fruit juice, soups, yoghurts, cream and hot drinks; or sprinkled on cereals
- An excellent supplement to the vegetarian or vegan
- As a part flour replacer it can be used when preparing cakes, puddings, quiches and other pastry based dishes
Pure Soya Protein Isolate.
Nutrition Information (Typical Values).
NUTRITION Per 100g / Per 30g serving with 300mls skimmed milk
ENERGY k-Joules 1615 527
k-Calories 380 124
PROTEIN (on a dry basis) 96g
(on an as is basis) 90g 36g
CARBOHYDRATE Trace 1.50g
Of which sugars Trace 1.50g
TOTAL FAT 4g 4.03g
SODIUM 1.20g 1.22g
Typical Amino Acid Profile per 100g of product
Alanine 4.3g * Methionine 1.4g
Arginine 8.2g * Phenylalanine 5.4g
Aspartic Acid 12.0g Proline 5.5g
Cysteine 1.2g Serine 5.5g
Glutamic Acid 19.9g * Threonine 3.9g
Glycine 4.3g * * Tryptophan 1.1g
Histidine 2.7g Tyrosine 4.2g
* Isoleucine 4.7g * Valine 4.7g
* Leucine 8.3g
* Lysine 6.4g
* Essential Amino Acids ** Tryptophan is naturally occurring
Can be used as a fortifier or thickener in stews, gravies, savouries etc, mixed into fruit juices, yoghurts, creams or sprinkled on cereals. If used as a drink, mix 30 grams of powder (approx 3 rounded tablespoonfuls) with 300ml (approx ½ pint) water, fruit juice or skimmed milk. Blend until smooth and creamy. For maximum benefit use skimmed milk which is a source of calcium and other essential nutrients. You may vary the amount of powder to suit your individual requirements.
Mixed with 300ml of skimmed milk, a 30g serving gives approx 40g of protein. Soya Protein can also be used in cooking as a part flour replacer, making it suitable for use in cakes, pancakes, quiches and puddings.
Power Health began life back in 1972 when the current chairman Mike McIver left his job as a health store manager and set up on his own as a supplier and distributor of health food supplements, working from the family home in Yorkshire. Despite the demands of a young family, the business flourished and moved to dedicated premises within the Yorkshire town of Pocklington, near York. With the acquisition of a number of familiar natural health brands, the company thrived and moved on to manufacture a range of it's own health food supplements, requiring a further move to a purpose built facility close to the nearby airfield.
During this time, Mike's wife Clare played a key role in the development of the company and as their four children grew up, they too steadily became more and more involved and now hold prominent positions. Daughter Vicky became Managing Director in 1999 with Dad Mike still maintaining an active interest as Chairman.
Power Health Products Ltd
Power Health Products