- After that the beans are crushed into nibs and they can be used for everything from salad, fruit and nut mixes, baking and more!
Originally cocoa from South America and was considered by the Aztecs to be food of the gods
- The beans are prepared by fermenting, drying and lightly roasting
- The Latin name for the cacao plant come from Carl von Linnaeus, "Theobroma Cacao" and means "food of the gods’ cocoa" in Latin
- They are certified organic according to EU regulations.
- Our Cacao Nibs are rich in energy and contain fat, iron and magnesium
Cacao Nibs (crushed cacao beans)
Nutritional Information per 100g
Energy 2642 kJ / 629 kcal
Fat 55 g
whereof saturated fat 34 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
whereof sugar 1 g
Fiber 11 g
Protein 13 g
Salt 0,1 g
Iron 3,6mg (26% DRI)
Magnesuim 301mg (80% DRI)
Phosphorus 537mg (77% DRI)
Storage: Store in a cool dark place.
Superfruit Scandinavia AB