- In Chinese medicine it is classified along with Panax ginseng as a Chi (Qi) tonic
- Apart from the common cold liquorice has displayed activity against Hepatitis B and a lot of work is being carried out into its anti-HIV effect.
Just to top it off liquorice was the first ever anti peptic ulcer medication and helps to heal not just stomach and duodenal ulcers but inflammation anywhere in the gut.
- Liquorice is historically one of the most important herbs
- However, liquorice contains chemicals that mimic the adrenal hormones and so finds a place in the treatment of adrenals totally depleted by stress.
Liquorice is also great for the treatment of viral infections such as the common cold, and because of its anti-catarrhal effect is found in many cough syrups etc
- This means it is used to restore our basic energy levels and help us adapt to the stresses placed on us
Take 20 drops of Swiss Herbal Remedies liquorice tincture, three times daily, before meals. Mix with a little water.
Swiss Herbal Remedies
Swiss Herbal Remedies Ltd