- This is done in the most delicate of ways - the leaves are just allowed to rest amongst the flowers to pick up their floral scent - jasmine tea doesn't get any purer
- Although I've seen these bushes climbing the hillside I've yet to see a dragon getting out of a bath, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of this claim, unfortunately!
- Steeped in water, the leaves will unfurl from the jasmine pearl to reveal a whole leaf and a bud - surprisingly hypnotic viewing, in my opinon
- These particular pearls are frequently called "dragon phoenix pearls"
- Inside this packet are little pearls of hand-rolled green tea tips which have been infused with pure jasmine flowers
- They get their name from the visual characteristics of the tea bushes climbing the hillsides like a dragon coming out of the water
Pure green tea from the Fujian province in China infused in jasmine flowers
Naturally contains caffeine.
One tea temple per person, infused with water at 80 degrees C. (If you don't have a fancy kettle or thermometer to hand, grabbing the kettle just before it boils will do the job!) .
Loose tea - 4 to 6 pearls per person. Infuse for 3+ minutes.
Nick and Louise started teapigs in November 2006. They met whilst working for a really big tea company, where they learned all about tea and drank lots of it. And the more they learned, and the more they drank, the more they came to realise something: that there's a whole world of quality teas out there that simply aren't getting the attention they deserve. And so teapigs was born.
Nick describes himself as a tea evangelist (although much nicer than those shouty ones on American TV). Louise, an experienced tea taster who has travelled the world tasting teas, is a self-confessed tea addict (not seeking rehab).
Great if you are in need of relaxation and detox. Like all teas, this is bursting with antioxidants - the good guys that help keep us young and healthy.
Suitable for vegetarians & vegans
Glorious pump alley, brentford is the home of teapigs, a tea company founded in November 2006. ‘no airs. no graces. just fine tea’ sums up the teapigs world.
teapigs offer a range of top-notch quality teas and infusions with absolutely no nasties! Everything from amazing black tea to the most chocolatey, chocolate tea, herbal infusions, full flavour fruits & leaves and super power matcha green tea.