- In 1922, the very popular The Farmers Wife magazine held a contest asking a simple question: Would you want your daughter to marry a farmer? Author Laurie Hird has excerpt 55 of the top letters submitted to the magazine editors for the contest and has selected 111 traditional 6 quilt blocks and created a tribute quilt to the contest
- The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt: 55 Letters and the 111 Blocks They Inspired
- Each block is fully illustrated as to construction and comes with complete cutting templates (found on the CD)
- Introduction, resources and index are included.
- In addition, the reader is provided with complete quiltmaking instructions for the queen-sized sampler quilt (constructed on point) with all 111 blocks, and additional instruction on converting the quilt to lap size, twin size, double, and king size
Article Code Paton:
Article Code Rowan:
David and Charles