- People particularly at risk from a deficiency of Vitamin D are the elderly, those who receive little sunlight, vegetarians and vegans and people with malabsorption, liver and kidney problems
- It increases the rate of bone growth and bone mineral density, particularly in children
- Vitamin D obtained from diet requires activation by the liver and kidney and therefore people who have liver or kidney disorders are more susceptible to osteoporosis and need to take additional supplements of this vitamin
- Vitamin D can be produced in the skin from the energy of the ultraviolet rays of the sun, it is also obtained from the diet however it is not very abundant in the food chain
- Its primary role is to maintain blood levels of Calcium, it achieves this by increasing absorption of the mineral from food and reducing urinary loss of the mineral
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body
- Calcium is also required for transmission of signals in nerve cells and for muscle contraction, healthy neuromuscular function is vital for proper control and coordination of skeletal movement
- It is essential for the formation and maintenance of strong bones and teeth, 99% of the body’s Calcium is found in these tissues
- VITAMIN D
Vitamin D’s is a fat soluble vitamin which is required by the intestinal tract for the absorption and utilisation Calcium and Phosphorus
- Maintaining adequate Calcium levels in the body prevents depletion of stored Calcium from bone tissue
- RECOMENDED FOR
* The elderly, postmenopausal women and other people worried about osteoporosis
* Vegetarians and vegans
* Growing children
* Those avoiding dairy products
* Those with liver and kidney problems
WORKS WELL WITH
* Magnesium Citrate, Zinc Citrate (for bone building)
* Maxijoint Complex (to promote skeletal and joint health)
FREE FROM: GM PROTEINS, GELATIN, LACTOSE, GLUTEN, STARCH, WHEAT, SUGAR, SALT, YEAST, ARTIFICIAL, COLOURS, FLAVOURS, ADDITIVES, PRESERVATIVES
CONTRA-INDICTIONS & WARNINGS
People with hyper-parathyroidism, chronic kidney disease or kidney stones should only supplement Calcium under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
SIDE EFFECTS AND INTERACTIONS
None known at the recommended dosage.
(as Carbonate, Citrate & Amino Acid Chelate)............... 400mg
Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol.............................. 2.5µg
(Preparation with DL-Alpha Tocopherol as Antioxidant)
Tabletted with: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potato Starch, Acacia
Gum, Vegetable Stearic Acid and Silica (Mineral). Coating agent
HARNESSING NATURE THROUGH SCIENCE
Motivated by a strong belief in the integration of complementary and conventional medicine, our team of pharmacists and nutritionists developed the Vega range of products. The range includes over 120 different nutritional and herbal supplements designed to meet the needs of every individual.
COMMITMENT TO OPTIMUM HEALTH
At Vega we believe that reaching and maintaining optimum health should be the ultimate goal of everyone. Good health is good life. We promote a holistic approach to health and believe that good living involves attention to diet, exercise and emotional health. Supplements are a way of ensuring added health protection and can be utilised to address specific wellness
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
Vega Nutritionals has quickly earned itself a reputation as a company producing a premium brand of supplements. Quality is absolute priority for all those at Vega. Manufactured to rigorous and uncompromising standards in Britain, our products are free from artificial additives, colourings, flavours and preservatives. They do not contain gelatin, wheat, gluten, sugar, starch, yeast or dairy products. Most of the range is suitable for vegetarians and vegans and only ingredients from non-GM sources are used in the products.
Vega Nutritionals Ltd
Vega Nutritionals Ltd.