- It is a ubiquitous component of cartilage, which acts as a shock absorber in many of the body’s joints
- Collagen Complex contains purified Type II Collagen with a combination of Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Manganese and Vitamin C for maximum benefit and effectiveness
- GLUCOSAMINE SULPHATE
Glucosamine Sulphate is an amino sugar and is an important building block for a group of compounds present in cartilage, one of these is Chondroitin Sulphate
- Both poor immune function and free radical damage have been linked to degenerative diseases including arthritis
- There are several different types of collagen in the body, the most prominent of which is the Collagen Type II
Manganese is required for healthy skin, bone and cartilage formation and also helps to activate the important antioxidant enzyme Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
- Collagen also provides strength and flexibility to the blood vessels of the circulatory system and it gives skin its elasticity and ‘plump’ appearance
- Collagen Complex has even produced benefits in people who showed no improvements when taking Glucosamine or Chondroitin sulphate.
* People suffering from osteo-arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
* People suffering from other degenerative joint conditions
* People suffering from cardiovascular disease and wish to maintain healthy blood vessels
WORKS WELL WITH
* Maxijoint Complex
* Pine Bark Extract
* Cardiohealth Support
* Vein Support
- Collagen is a fibrous protein component of connective tissue making up almost one third of the total body protein
- Vitamin C helps to strengthen the immune system and is a powerful antioxidant, neutralising toxic free radicals and preventing the oxidation of body tissue and cells
- Research has confirmed that Chondroitin Sulphate can help to restore joint function in people with osteo-arthritis
- Collagen Type II is very beneficial for those with cartilage degeneration, as in osteo-arthritis
- This last function is very important as cartilage does not have it’s own blood supply
- Research has confirmed that Glucosamine Sulphate can help to restore joint function in people with osteo-arthritis
- COLLAGEN (PURIFIED TYPE II)
Collagen is an integral part of cartilage, ligaments, tendons, skin, bone and teeth
- Glucosamine is also used to build other connective tissue such as tendons, ligaments, nail, bone and skin tissue
- Vega was the first Company in Britain to produce a supplement containing purified Type II Collagen.
Chondroitin Sulphate is a major constituent of cartilage and provides it structure, holds water and nutrients and allows other molecules to move through cartilage
- Studies on this specific type of collagen have shown positive benefits in treating the symptoms and slowing down the progression of juvenile and rheumatoid arthritis, it has been shown to inhibit the underlying auto-immune processes of this disease
- VITAMIN C
Vitamin C plays an important role in building the connective tissue collagen, promoting healthy tissue repair, wound healing and in maintaining the integrity of blood vessels and gums
- This type of collagen is very rich in Chondroitin and Glucosamine and in its purified form it is absorbed very easily by the body
FREE FROM: GM PROTEINS, GELATIN, LACTOSE, GLUTEN, STARCH, WHEAT, SUGAR, SALT, YEAST, ARTIFICIAL, COLOURS, FLAVOURS, ADDITIVES, PRESERVATIVES
CONTRA-INDICTIONS & WARNINGS
Individuals with shell fish allergies should avoid using this product.
SIDE EFFECTS AND INTERACTIONS
None known at the recommended dosage.
Chondroitin Sulphate 125mg
Glucosamine Sulphate 125mg
Vitamin C (as Calcium Ascorbate) 100mg
Manganese (Amino Acid Chelate) 10mg
Collagen (Purified Type ll) 25µg
Encapsulated in a base of Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.
HARNESSING NATURE THROUGH SCIENCE
Motivated by a strong belief in the integration of complementary and conventional medicine, our team of pharmacists and nutritionists developed the Vega range of products. The range includes over 120 different nutritional and herbal supplements designed to meet the needs of every individual.
COMMITMENT TO OPTIMUM HEALTH
At Vega we believe that reaching and maintaining optimum health should be the ultimate goal of everyone. Good health is good life. We promote a holistic approach to health and believe that good living involves attention to diet, exercise and emotional health. Supplements are a way of ensuring added health protection and can be utilised to address specific wellness
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
Vega Nutritionals has quickly earned itself a reputation as a company producing a premium brand of supplements. Quality is absolute priority for all those at Vega. Manufactured to rigorous and uncompromising standards in Britain, our products are free from artificial additives, colourings, flavours and preservatives. They do not contain gelatin, wheat, gluten, sugar, starch, yeast or dairy products. Most of the range is suitable for vegetarians and vegans and only ingredients from non-GM sources are used in the products.
Vega Nutritionals Ltd
Vega Nutritionals Ltd.