- Folic Acid can become depleted in those who smoke, drink lots of alcohol or who are stressed.
The UK Department of Health advises that 400mcg Folic Acid be supplemented by all women planning a pregnancy, up to the twelfth week of pregnancy
- Folic Acid is also required in the body for the synthesis of DNA and RNA, red blood cell formation, maintaining normal cholesterol levels and circulation
- Folic Acid is required to prevent levels of the toxic metabolite of methionine, homocysteine, from rising
- High homocysteine levels are associated with increased risk of heart disease as well as other conditions
- Characteristic symptoms of Folic Acid deficiency include a sore red tongue, anaemia, digestive disorders, fatigue, memory loss, laboured breathing, growth impairment and birth defects in children
- Extensive research has shown that folic acid is important for the normal development of the baby’s neural tube, a vital part of the nervous system (prevents spina bifida)
- Folic Acid strengthens immune function as is it helps in the formation and functioning of white blood cells
- Folic Acid is the parent compound of a large group of naturally occurring, structurally related compounds collectively known as the folates
- Recent research has also shown that Folic Acid may offer protection against heart problems later in life
- Homocysteine is a toxic chemical that attacks the heart muscle and allows the deposition of cholesterol around this muscle, which can lead to arteriosclerosis
- RECOMENDED FOR
* Women planning a pregnancy
* Smokers and those with cardiovascular disease
WORKS WELL WITH
* Vitamin B Complex
* Vitamin B12 and Iron Bisglycinate (for healthy red blood cells)
* High Strength Vitamin C 1000mg
* Cardiohealth Support
FREE FROM GM PROTEINS GELATIN LACTOSE GLUTEN STARCH WHEAT SUGAR SALT YEAST ARTIFICIAL COLOURS FLAVOURS ADDITIVES PRESERVATIVES
CONTRA-INDICTIONS & WARNINGS
People should be aware that a large intake of Folic Acid may mask the signs and symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency, pernicious anaemia.
SIDE EFFECTS AND INTERACTIONS
* Folic Acid may interfere with methotrexate therapy in people undergoing cancer treatment, methotrexate works by blocking activation of Folic Acid.
Folic Acid (Folacin)................................ 400µg
Encapsulated in a ANTI-OXIDANT BASE: A concentrated freeze-dried fruit mix of Elderberry, Blueberry, Apple, Blackcurrant and Chokeberry in a prebiotic base of acacia gum Providing:
160mg Prebiotic Acacia Gum
40mg Wild Berry Concentrate
320µg Actual Anthocyanins
HARNESSING NATURE THROUGH SCIENCE
Motivated by a strong belief in the integration of complementary and conventional medicine, our team of pharmacists and nutritionists developed the Vega range of products. The range includes over 120 different nutritional and herbal supplements designed to meet the needs of every individual.
COMMITMENT TO OPTIMUM HEALTH
At Vega we believe that reaching and maintaining optimum health should be the ultimate goal of everyone. Good health is good life. We promote a holistic approach to health and believe that good living involves attention to diet, exercise and emotional health. Supplements are a way of ensuring added health protection and can be utilised to address specific wellness
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
Vega Nutritionals has quickly earned itself a reputation as a company producing a premium brand of supplements. Quality is absolute priority for all those at Vega. Manufactured to rigorous and uncompromising standards in Britain, our products are free from artificial additives, colourings, flavours and preservatives. They do not contain gelatin, wheat, gluten, sugar, starch, yeast or dairy products. Most of the range is suitable for vegetarians and vegans and only ingredients from non-GM sources are used in the products.
Vega Nutritionals Ltd
Vega Nutritionals Ltd.