- Bioflavonoids are colourful antioxidants found occurring naturally in plant pigments
- Collagen is an integral part of skin, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, bone and teeth
- CITRUS BIOFLAVONOIDS
Bioflavonoids enhance the body’s absorption and utilisation of Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and neutralises toxic free radicals, preventing the oxidation of cellular tissue
- Some of the common Bioflavonoids include, Anthocyanidins, Hesperidin, Myricetin, Nobiletin, Proanthocyanidins, Quercetin and Rutin
- Vitamin C aids Iron absorption, utilisation of Folic Acid and helps maintain normal blood cholesterol levels
- Calcium Ascorbate is a buffered or non-acidic form of Vitamin C and does not cause stomach upset or acidity as other forms of Vitamin C, it is therefore suitable for people who suffer from hyperacidity and stomach ulcers or for those who wish to supplement larger doses of Vitamin C
- Smoking depletes the body’s level of Vitamin C
- Their actions are similar to Vitamin C and are particularly important in maintaining the integrity of blood vessels
- RECOMENDED FOR
* Those wishing to boost immune function
* People with joint problems
* People suffering from any degenerative disease
* Those who drink more than the recommended safe levels of alcohol
* People who are mentally stressed
WORKS WELL WITH
* Is a good addition to almost any supplement regime
- VITAMIN C
Vitamin C has a very complex and important role in the body
- It plays an important role in strengthening the immune system, blood vessels and gums and in promoting healthy tissue repair, wound healing and building the connective tissue collagen
- One of the richest sources of these flavonoids is found in the rind and pulp of citrus fruits and vegetables, whilst Rutin is found in buckwheat
- They have antioxidant activity and prevent the oxidation of Vitamin C and adrenaline from Copper containing enzymes
FREE FROM: GM PROTEINS, GELATIN, LACTOSE, GLUTEN, STARCH, WHEAT, SUGAR, SALT, YEAST, ARTIFICIAL, COLOURS, FLAVOURS, ADDITIVES, PRESERVATIVES
CONTRA-INDICTIONS & WARNINGS
High doses of Vitamin C (several grams) may cause diarrhoea. Reducing the dose will reverse this effect.
SIDE EFFECTS AND INTERACTIONS
None known at the recommended dosage.
Vitamin C (as Calcium Ascorbate).................. 1000mg
Citrus Bioflavonoids............................... 100mg
Tabletted with: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Starch
Glycolate, Vegetable Stearic Acid, Acacia Gum, Silica and
Vegetable Magnesium Stearate. Coating agent - Hypromellose.
HARNESSING NATURE THROUGH SCIENCE
Motivated by a strong belief in the integration of complementary and conventional medicine, our team of pharmacists and nutritionists developed the Vega range of products. The range includes over 120 different nutritional and herbal supplements designed to meet the needs of every individual.
COMMITMENT TO OPTIMUM HEALTH
At Vega we believe that reaching and maintaining optimum health should be the ultimate goal of everyone. Good health is good life. We promote a holistic approach to health and believe that good living involves attention to diet, exercise and emotional health. Supplements are a way of ensuring added health protection and can be utilised to address specific wellness
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
Vega Nutritionals has quickly earned itself a reputation as a company producing a premium brand of supplements. Quality is absolute priority for all those at Vega. Manufactured to rigorous and uncompromising standards in Britain, our products are free from artificial additives, colourings, flavours and preservatives. They do not contain gelatin, wheat, gluten, sugar, starch, yeast or dairy products. Most of the range is suitable for vegetarians and vegans and only ingredients from non-GM sources are used in the products.
Vega Nutritionals Ltd
Vega Nutritionals Ltd.