- These fats are known as essential fats which means the body can’t make them so we have to get them through the diet.
Nuts, seeds and plant oils are good food sources for omega 6 and 9, but omega 3 fats are a little harder to obtain from vegetarian or vegan sources as the best dietary source is fish
- It’s registered with the Vegan Society and Vegetarian Society approved.
The Right Choice?
Ahiflower® oil provides the richest available omega 3 stearidonic acid (SDA) and the richest essential fatty acids from a single plant
Ahiflower® is a non GM, pure and sustainable source of omega fatty acids grown in the UK by independent farmers
Ahiflower® oil provides healthy omega-3 benefits without depleting marine fisheries
Free from dairy, gluten, added sugar, salt and yeast
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
30 vegetable capsules – 1 month supply
Made in the UK
Tailored nutritional support for vegetarian and vegan dietsOnly use ingredients from vegan sourcesGelatin-free vegetable capsulesNot tested on animals.
- It’s free from dairy, gluten, added sugar, salt and yeast and does not include any artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Fats in the diet are often given a bad press but not all fats are bad news, for instance omega 3, 6 and 9 are needed for good health
- Ahiflower® oil is a little bit special compared to other vegan oils
- It is the richest plant based source of an omega 3 fat called stearidonic acid (SDA), and the richest source of essential fatty acids from a single plant.
Vertese® Ahiflower® Oil capsules can support your healthy diet and lifestyle choices by providing the richest source of omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids from a single plant source
- This doesn’t make dietary support impossible though, we just need to be a bit more creative with our food choices! Seeds such as hemp and flaxseed (also known as linseed) contain omega 3 fat ALA which supports a healthy cholesterol level and can be used by the body to make other omega 3 fats.
The pretty Ahiflower® has been gaining a lot of publicity recently and with good reason
Ahiflower® Oil (Refined Buglossoides arvensis Seed Oil, Rosemary Extract, Antioxidants (Mixed Tocopherols & Ascorbyl Palmitate), Sunflower Oil, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Capsule Shell (Glycerol, Modified Corn Starch, Carrageenan [Seagel Cap], Sodium Carbonate).
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
Do not exceed recommended daily dose.
Do not use if blister is broken.
If under medical supervision, consult a doctor before use.
If you are taking other medication, are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy consult a healthcare professional before use.
People with epilepsy should consult their doctor before taking this product.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store below 25°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.
For best before date see base of carton.
INGREDIENTS AMOUNT % EC NRV*
Ahiflower® Oil 1000 mg –
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Stearidonic Acid (SDA) 159 mg –
Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) 393 mg –
Omega-6 Fatty Acids
Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) 42 mg –
Linoleic Acid (LA) 84 mg –
Omega-9 Fatty Acid
Oleic Acid (OA) 55 mg –
* NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
– No NRV established
Adults and children over 12 years: Swallow 1 capsule daily, preferably with a meal.