Fast relief from a blocked nose due to common cold, hayfever, sinusitis. The effect of the spray starts after several minutes and lasts for 6-8 hours. The active substance is oxymetazoline hydrochloride.
Oxymetazoline hydrochloride 0.05 %w/v
Menthol (levo), Sodium citrate dihydrate, Tyloxapol, Citric acid anhydrous, Chlorhexidine gluconate solution (20%), Benzalkonium chloride solution (50%), Camphor (racemate), Disodium edetate (dihydrate), Eucalyptol, Sodium hydroxide, Purified water
Important information about some of the ingredients of Vicks Sinex Micromist
Benzalkonium chloride (a preservative) is an ingredient in Vicks Sinex Micromist which might cause swelling of nasal mucosa, especially during long-term use.
Patients should seek medical advice if they feel worse, or do not feel better after 7 days, or if they develop new symptoms.
Information from the PIL
Do not use Vicks Sinex Micromist if you:
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substance oxymetazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of Vicks Sinex Micromist
- are taking (or have taken during the last two weeks) monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO inhibitors are used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and depression)
- suffer from acute heart disease or cardiac asthma
- suffer from increased eyeball-pressure (narrow-angle glaucoma)
- have had an operation to remove your pituitary gland
- have inflamed skin or mucous membranes of your nostrils or have scabs in your nose.
Do not give Vicks Sinex Micromist to children under 12 years of age.
Before using tell your doctor if you have:
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- disturbance in your thyroid function
Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, or have recently taken, any other medicines, even those obtained without a prescription.
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) are used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and depression - Do not use Vicks Sinex Micromist if you have taken MAOIs during the last two weeks
- tricyclic antidepressants - inform your doctor if you are taking drugs used in the treatment of depression such as amitriptyline and imipramine
- high blood pressure medicines -inform your doctor before use if you are taking bethanidine, debrisoquine and guanethidine as their effect may be reduced
- Parkinson's disease medicine (bromocriptine)- treatment with Vicks Sinex Micromist may be affected if it is used at the same time.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using Vicks Sinex Micromist if you are pregnancy and breast-feeding. The spray should be used with caution during pregnancy or if breast feeding.
No effect on ability to drive or use of machinery has been observed.
Nasal spray: for topical nasal use.
Adults and children over 12 years: 1-2 sprays per nostril every 6-8 hours.
The Vicks legacy is about more than just cold and flu medicine. It’s about helping families to get the most out of life, every day even on sick days for more than 100 years.
Vicks offer a range of products for the relief of symptoms of colds and coughs. Everything you need when you’re sick to make every day and night worth holding onto. So go ahead: breathe life in. Vicks can be there for you.
Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble(H,B & C)