Oxymetazoline hydrochloride 0.5 mg/ml
Sodium citrate dihydrate (for pH-adjustment), tyloxapol, citric acid anhydrous (for pH-adjustment), chlorhexidine digluconate solution, menthol (levo), benzalkonium chloride solution, camphor (racemic), disodium edetate (dihydrate), cineole, sodium hydroxide (for pH-adjustment), purified water.
Vicks Sinex Soother should not be used:
- By patients taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or in patients who have taken MAOIs in the previous two weeks.
- In patients with narrow-angle glaucoma. Vicks Sinex Soother should not be used by patients after trans-sphenoidal hypophysectomy.
- By children under 12 years of age.
- In case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- Where there is inflammation of the skin and mucosa of the nasal vestibule and encrustation (rhinitis sicca).
- By patients with acute coronary disease or cardiac asthma.
Special warnings and precautions for use:
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Vicks Sinex Soother should be used for a maximum of 7 consecutive days to avoid rebound-effect and drug induced rhinitis.
- Caution should be exercised in case of hypertension, severe cardiac diseases, hyperthyroidism, and diabetes mellitus.
- Caution should be exercised by patients taking Bromocriptine.
- If symptoms worsen or do not improve after 3 days, physician should re-evaluate clinical situation.
- The preservative (benzalkonium chloride) contained in Vicks Sinex Soother can cause swelling of the nasal mucosa, especially during long-term use. If such a reaction (persistent nasal congestion) is suspected, a product for nasal administration which contains no preservative should be used if possible. If such products for nasal administration are not available without preservative, the use of another dosage form should be considered.
Do not use Vicks Sinex Soother if you:
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substance oxymetazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of Vicks Sinex Soother (see section 6)
- are taking (or have taken during the last 2 weeks) monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO inhibitors are used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and depression)
- suffer from acute heart disease or cardiac asthma
- suffer from increased eyeball-pressure (narrowangle glaucoma)
- have had an operation to remove your pituitary gland
- have inflamed skin or mucous membranes of your nostrils or have scabs in your nose.
Vicks Sinex Soother is not recommended for children under 12 years of age
Take special care with Vicks Sinex Soother
Before using tell your doctor if you have:
- high blood pressure,
- heart disease,
- disturbance in your thyroid function.
- Taking other medicines
Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, or have recently taken, any other medicines, even those obtained without a prescription.
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) are used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and depression) - Do not use Vicks Sinex Soother if you have taken MAOIs during the last two weeks
- tricyclic antidepressants - inform your doctor if you are taking drugs used in the treatment of depression such as amitriptyline and imipramine
- high blood pressure medicines – inform your doctor before use if you are taking bethanidine, debrisoquine and guanethidine as their effect may be reduced
- Parkinson's disease medicine (bromocriptine) – treatment with Vicks Sinex Soother may be affected if it is used at the same time.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using Vicks Sinex Soother if you are pregnant and breast feeding. The spray should be used with caution during pregnancy or if breast-feeding.
No effect on ability to drive or use machines has been observed.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Vicks Sinex Soother Benzalkonium chloride (a preservative) is an ingredient in Vicks Sinex Soother which might cause swelling of nasal mucosa, especially during long-term use.
Adults and children over 12 years: 1-2 sprays up each nostril maximum 2-3 times daily.
The preparation should not be used for more than 7 days in a row.
The Vicks legacy is about more than just cold and flu medicine. It’s about helping families to get the most out of life, every day even on sick days for more than 100 years.
Vicks offer a range of products for the relief of symptoms of colds and coughs. Everything you need when you’re sick to make every day and night worth holding onto. So go ahead: breathe life in. Vicks can be there for you.
Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble(H,B & C)
5 out of 5
By Britt | Posted on: 29/02/2016
Very Good Product
I have just bought this product, it seems very good. So I am very glad I bought it.