- Includes large triangular pyramid, square pyramid, hemisphere, sphere, cone, pentagonal prism, small cube, large cube, rectangular prism, triangular prism and cylinder
- - Allows students to relate 2–D shapes to 3–D solids by examining and comparing the removable bases
- Fills with liquid or dry–fill for studies of volume, and cleans easily
- Cleans easily
- Durable plastic shapes measure 3 cm or 6 cm
- Activity Guide includes formulas and intervention strategies
- Grades 3+
Learning Resources is a leading manufacturer of innovative, hands-on educational materials for classrooms worldwide and learning toys. For more than 20 years, Learning Resources has been a trusted source for teachers and parents for quality, award-winning educational products in math, science, language, language arts, reading, early childhood, measurement, Spanish, ELL and ESL teaching, time and money. Product brands include Reading Rods, Pretend & Play, Gears! Gears! Gears!, Power of Science, Three Bear Family and Cuisenaire Rods. Product types include games, puzzles, card games, bingo games, board games, floor mats, floor puzzles, wooden puzzles, classroom kits, electronics, books, reading manipulatives, math manipulatives, pocket charts, activity books, activity kits, science kits, creativity and fine motor skills.
Learning Resources Ltd
8 years - 12 years
By Dyslexia Tutor | Posted on: 26/06/2012
Shapes were much larger than I had hoped - up to 3 inches square - but are sturdily constructed and their translucency and colour appeals greatly to the kids I tutor. A lot of thought has gone into the design of these 3D shapes. I look forward to using them for volumes work. The plugs for the holes in the detachable sides are easily removable but are in some cases too loose (I envisage losses). Overall, a good product, well designed and reasonably priced.
By Angela | Posted on: 18/01/2012
Pity this item is a bit fragile. A couple of shapes have needed their sides gluing back on. But other than this a good item, colourful and a useful size. Good for understanding geometric maths facts.