- 1.3g of plant sterols included in Cardioace® Plus
The Cardioace® formulation includes 1.3g of Plant sterols
- Reservatrol is thought to be a powerful antioxidant that may help support vascular health.
- Cardioce® Plus contains the latest nutrients researched by scientists with benefits for heart health:
- The latest scientific research indicates that these plant sterols may help contribute to healthy High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) levels,‘Good’ cholesterol levels.
- Cardioace® Plus formulation includes Co Q10
Co Q10 is important for energy production within the cells and may play a role in heart health.
- Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL), commonly known as 'bad cholesterol', is the main supplier of cholesterol to tissues
- Homocysteine and heart health
Vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid work in synergy to help maintain healthy levels of a blood amino acid called homocysteine
- High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) scavenges for free cholesterol in the tissues and transports it back to the liver, so it is known as 'good cholesterol'
- Cardioace® Plus formulation includes Lycopene, Alpha lipoic acid and other powerful antioxidants.
Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant and may be beneficial for heart health by defending the body against free radicals, which cause oxidation
- The EPA in omega-3 fish oil is also thought to be a direct source of an important substance influencing platelet adhesion which may mean it helps support the flow of blood through our vessels
- Reservatrol included in Cardioace® Plus formulation
Cardioace® Plus contains a natural compound called reservatrol, a phytochemical found in red grape skins which may be partly responsible for the health benefit attributed to red wine
Garlic may help balance 'good' (high-density lipoprotein-HDL) through its role in helping to regulate cholesterol production by the liver
- Garlic may also help to maintain normal blood pressure and help maintain arterial health.
- Oxidation of HDL interferes with its role in cholesterol transport
- Humans probably evolved on a diet with a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids of approximately 1 to 1, but today we consume many more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3s - between 10 to 25 times more!
Omega-3 fatty acids may play an important role in maintaining normal blood pressure, cholesterol and trigylceride levels
- Omega-3 fish oils included in Cardioace® Plus
The Cardioace® formulation includes omega-3 fish oil, a rich source of EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)
- Antioxidants like lycopene, alpha Lipoic acid, reservatrol, selenium, vitamins E and C also in Cardioace® Plus help to defend against free radicals, which can oxidise LDL and HDL, and may therefore be beneficial for heart health.
- Analysis has revealed that high levels of homocysteine are a strong independent factor in heart health, accounting for as much as 10% of the combined influence of all known factors in heart health
Always read the product directions before use. Do not exceed the recommended intake. As with other food supplements seek professional advice before using if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from food allergies, and consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition (e.g. diabetes, epilepsy, hyperthyroidism), or if on medication. Vitamin supplements are not intended to treat or prevent any disease. Food supplements must not replace a balanced and varied diet, and a healthy lifestyle.
Nutritional Information Average Per 3 Capsules % RDA:
Plant Sterols 1.3g --
L-Carnitine Tartrate 60mg --
Co Q10 15mg --
Lycopene Extract 6% 12mg --
Alpha Lipoic Acid 45mg --
Resevatrol (Grape skin flavonoids) 20mg --
Omega-3 Fish Oil 500 mg providing 300mg EPA/DHA --
Vitamin D3 10 mcg 200
Vitamin E 50 mg 417
Vitamin C 60 mg 75
Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) 10 mg 909
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1.6 mg 114
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 24mg 150
Vitamin B6 10 mg 714
Folic Acid 400 mcg 200
Vitamin B12 20 mcg 1428
Zinc 10 mg 100
Manganese 0.5 mg --
Copper 1 mg --
Chromium 100 mcg --
Selenium 100 mcg --
Natural Mixed Carotenoids 3 mg --
Garlic Extract 100 mg --
Lecithin 40 mg --
mg – milligram, mcg – microgram, RDA – Recommended Daily Allowance (EC)
· No artificial colours
· No gluten
· No preservatives
· No starch
· No sugar
· No salt or yeast
· Not tested on animals
Two to three capsules per day with your main meal. Swallow with a full glass of water or a cold drink. Not to be chewed. Three capsules per day are ideally recommended, especially during the first month of use. Do not exceed recommended intake
Recommended for both men and women. The benefits of the ingredients in Cardioace Plus ® are thought to build over time. A regular intake is therefore recommended. Cardioace Plus ® does not contain any drugs or hormones and is produced in accordance with high pharmaceutical standards of quality control, beyond those normally required for food supplements.
Vitabiotics has manufactured innovative health care products for over 30 years; a British company committed to human health and research.
Based in London, Vitabiotics has created a unique portfolio of products at the forefront of scientific developments in key sectors, including nutrition and women's health.
Designed to provide maximum efficacy by supporting the human body in its own natural processes, each product is developed using the latest research available, and produced to the highest pharmaceutical standards.
Innovation is the key to Vitabiotics' success. This means keeping at the leading edge of international research on the one hand, while remaining sensitive to specific consumer needs on the other.
Vitabiotics has a profound commitment to translating the latest scientific advancements into effective products, which are fully integrated with modern consumer lifestyles. Vitabiotics' brand portfolio includes some of the fastest growing supplements in the UK and numerous brand leaders.
Vitabiotics guarantees the highest technological skills and a dedication to excellence.
- Why has Cardioace® Plus been developed ?
Cardioace® Plus has been scientifically developed on the basis of extensive worldwide research to safeguard your diet and to help maintain a healthy heart, circulation and cholesterol levels. Whilst most people know that stopping smoking and regular exercise are essential to health, other simple measures can also help ensure you maintain your heart in good health. Numerous scientific studies have implicated dietary factors in the body's maintenance of blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and a healthy circulation.
Cardioace® Plus combines the special ingredients of Cardioace® original , plus new advanced ingredients such as 1.3g plant sterols (per 3 capsules), reservatrol, Co Q10 and Lycopene.
- When is Cardioace® Plus recommended?
Cardioace® Plus is recommended for both men and women as a nutritional safeguard to help maintain a healthy heart and circulation. Cardioace® may also be suitable for use by those who have a special interest in looking after their heart.
- Will Cardioace® Plus help to reduce cholesterol levels?
We do not make such a claim. Cardioace® Plus contains a combination of synergistic nutrients such a significant 1.3g of plant sterols that have shown to be effective in maintaining normal healthy cholesterol levels. Omega-3 fish oil, garlic, trace minerals and vitamins, which together may help to maintain normal cholesterol levels. Alongside Cardioace®, eating a healthy, low fat balanced diet, will also aid maintenance of normal cholesterol levels.
- Can Cardioace® Plus be used simultaneously with medications?
Generally, Cardioace® Plus may be used alongside medications because it contains only moderate levels of vitamins and minerals, and is free from any drugs and hormones, however for specific advice on taking Cardioace® with prescribed medication, we recommend you should contact your doctor or pharmacist first.
Always read the product directions before use. Do not exceed the recommended intake. As with other food supplements seek professional advice before using if you suffer from food allergies, and consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition (e.g. diabetes, epilepsy, hyperthyroidism), or if on medication. Vitamin supplements are not intended to treat or prevent any disease. Food supplements must not replace a balanced and varied diet, and a healthy lifestyle.
How many capsules does one pack of Cardioace® Plus contain?
Cardioace® Plus contains 60 special premium Licaps capsules per pack.
- How and when should Cardioace® Plus be used?
Two to three capsules per day are recommended with or immediately after your main meal, with a full glass of water or a cold drink. Cardioace® Plus capsules should not be chewed. Three capsules per day are ideally recommended, especially during the first months of use. Do not exceed the recommended intake. Taking the capsule with a large meal maximises the absorption of the nutrients, and can reduce the chance of mild nausea, which is sometimes experienced if multivitamins are taken on an empty stomach. Always ensure that Cardioace® Plus is taken with plenty of liquid to wash the capsule down, and not hot drinks like tea or coffee as this may cause the capsule to disintegrate too early.
- Are there any undesired effects whilst taking Cardioace® Plus?
Cardioace® Plus has no known side effects when taken as directed. Do not exceed the recommended capsule intake. In case of overdose, seek medical advice immediately. Cardioace®incorporates a natural orange oil OdourMask™ and is made with the advanced Licaps technology to help prevent any garlic or fish oil odour, or after taste.
- How long does it take to experience any benefit?
We would expect the beneficial effects nutrients of the vitamins and minerals in Cardioace® Plus to build over several months. There is no maximum length of time over which Cardioace® Plus may be used. A regular intake is recommended.
- Is Cardioace® Plus recommended with any other Vitabiotics product(s)?
Calcium is an essential mineral, which may also play a role in maintaining normal blood pressure. However it has not been included in the Cardioace® Plus formula, since it is not possible to include the right amount within the capsules. Rather than including just a token amount of calcium, Cardioace® Plus has therefore been designed so that it can be used with Vitabiotics' Osteocare® tablets or liquid. (For those who wish to consume higher levels of fish oils it is possible to also take another 1 capsule of Aquamarine 60% Omega -3 as well as Cardioace® or Cardioace® Plus).
- Some Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) levels are above 100%, is this safe?
Certain vitamins are very safe at levels tens or even hundreds of times the RDA, whereas for others the safety level is much closer to the RDA. For this reason every vitamin and mineral needs to considered on an individual basis in terms of its upper safe level.
The Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) is the amount of a vitamin or mineral which has been calculated to help prevent basic deficiency states in the general population. However, certain vitamins and minerals at optimal levels, above the RDA, have consistently been shown to have positive benefits in specific areas of health. This is why some Vitabiotics formulas have certain nutrient levels greater than 100% RDA.
All Vitabiotics products has been developed using the latest research and contain effective levels of vitamins and minerals, while avoiding any excessive amounts, in accordance with official upper safe limits for vitamins and minerals.
Vitabiotics avoids ‘mega dose’ levels of isolated nutrients and instead we have always stressed the importance of safe, moderate and sensible levels of vitamins and minerals, carefully balanced to maximise their combined effect; an approach which has been supported by many experts and researchers over the years.