- These include L- Carnitine, Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), plus B6 and C, which are important factors in glucose metabolism
- Diabetone® contains zinc and magnesium, to help replace that which can be lost through excess excretion.
L- Carnitine – has been shown in studies to support glucose metabolism.
Vitamin B1 - Recent nutritional research has found that it may be particularly important for people with diabetes to safeguard their vitamin B1 intake, as it is required for normal energy-yielding metabolism, plus for heart health.
Vitamin B6 - Plays a role in glucose metabolism and maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
Vitamin C - Is involved in energy-yielding metabolism, and when in the bloodstream, vitamin C can help to maintain normal healthy sorbitol levels
- Diabetone® replaces your normal multivitamin
- Carefully balanced expert formula
Diabetone® has been specially formulated with 21 nutrients to help safeguard your daily requirements, with particular emphasis on those of special relevance to people with diabetes
- Sorbitol is metabolised by the body from glucose and levels should be monitored in people with diabetes.
Chromium - An important nutrient for people with diabetes, chromium helps maintain normal blood glucose levels and contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism
- Glucose is the body's primary source of fuel and insulin enables the body cells to take glucose from the bloodstream
- It contains no added sugar
Balancing your diet
The food choices you make and your eating habits are vital to help you manage your overall wellbeing
- Cells use glucose for production of energy if required, or it is sent to the liver to preserve it, in the form of glycogen
- It is important for people with diabetes to maintain healthy insulin metabolism and research shows that certain nutrients can help to maintain normal, healthy glucose metabolism
Diabetone® is a 100% vitamin and mineral supplement tablet
- In addition, taking a supplement such as Diabetone® can help ensure all your nutritional requirements have been safeguarded
Insulin and glucose metabolism
Insulin is a natural hormone which controls the level of the sugar glucose in the blood
- Eating a balanced diet, managing your weight, and following a healthy lifestyle, will benefit your
overall wellbeing and insulin metabolism
- Biotin - works in synergy with insulin in the body, and is involved with enzyme function for normal healthy glucose management.
Diabetone® also contains magnesium, to help replace that which can be lost through excretion and zinc which plays an important role in normal carbohydrate metabolism
- You should be able to continue enjoying a wide variety of foods as part of healthy eating
- Insulin allows cells to use glucose for energy and cells cannot utilize glucose without insulin
Nutritional information Av. per tablet % EC RDA*
L-Carnitine 50mg -
Vitamin A (2333 IU) 700 mcg 88
Vitamin D3 (600 IU) 15 mcg 300
Vitamin E (natural source) 20 mg 167
Vitamin C 120 mg 150
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 30 mg 2727
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 5 mg 357
Niacin (Vitamin B3) 45 mg 281
Vitamin B6 10 mg 714
Folacin (as Folic Acid) 400mcg 200
Vitamin B12 9 mcg 360
Biotin 200 mcg 400
Pantothenic Acid 10 mg 167
Iron 8 mg 57
Magnesium 100 mg 27
Zinc 15 mg 150
Chromium 160 mcg 400
Selenium 100 mcg 182
Copper 1 mg 100
Manganese 2 mg 100
Iodine 100 mcg 67
RDA – Recommended Daily Allowance
mcg – microgram, mg – milligram, IU – International Units
One tablet per day with your main meal.
• Swallow with a glass of water or a cold drink.
• Not to be chewed.
• Do not exceed the recommended intake.
• See pack for important information and directions. Always follow the directions.