- Based on the latest research, Menopace® Calcium provides higher levels of ‘the sunshine vitamin’ D3 which is now known to play an essential role in many other areas of health, including the immune system
- Menopace® Calcium, High strength calcium, with vitamin D3:
As we age our bone density can decrease due to the natural reduction in our oestrogen levels, so it is especially important to make sure we are getting enough calcium in our diets to help maintain strong and healthy bones into later life.
Menopace® Calcium provides 700mg calcium, plus magnesium, zinc and vitamin D3, which are important to help facilitate bone mineralization and the uptake of calcium
- These phyto-nutrients are widely recommended for women during later life
- Maintaining healthy hormone balance:
With extra Soy Isoflavones - Soy is one of the richest natural sources of isoflavones, including diadzein, glycetine and genistein
- Nutrients in the diet such as B Vitamins may also help contribute to a normal sense of well-being
- After the menopause, oestrogen production significantly declines and up to 30% of skin collagen may be lost within five years
- Menopace® Calcium includes vitamin C to help the body maintain collagen production, along with copper, zinc and other minerals important to collagen deposition
- Menopace® Calcium also includes zinc and magnesium, which are used by the body in the production of GLA (gamma linolenic acid) a precursor of the body's own hormone like substances which help regulate changes in hormone balance.
Overall vitality & wellbeing:
Menopace®Calcium provides vitamin B complex, which is involved in the maintenance of the nervous system and has a well established role in maintaining brain function
- Optimal levels of vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid also help maintain healthy lower levels of a blood amino acid called homocysteine that is independently linked with heart health
- Nutrients for heart health:
Lower oestrogen levels may influence heart and cardiovascular health in older women
- Menopace® Calcium includes antioxidants like natural mixed carotenoids, selenium and natural source vitamin E, to help prevent the unwanted oxidation of fat and cholesterol
- Nutrients for skin collagen:
Oestrogen has a positive effect on the production of collagen, a key substance that forms part of the bone matrix and helps keep skin supple and taught
Menopace® Calcium contains the following active ingredients as a nutritional safeguard for during and after the menopause : Calcium 700mg; Vitamin A 400 mcg; Vitamin D 10 mcg; Vitamin E 30 mg; Vitamin C 45 mg; Vitamin B1 10 mg; Vitamin B2 5 mg; Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 20 mg; Vitamin B6 10 mg; Folic Acid 400 mcg; Vitamin B12 9 mcg; Biotin 30 mcg; Pantothenic Acid 30 mg; P.A.B.A. 30 mg; Iron 8 mg; Magnesium 100 mg; Zinc 15 mg; Iodine 250 mcg; Manganese 0.5 mg; Copper 1 mg; Chromium 50 mcg; Selenium 100 mcg; and Soy Isoflavone extract 100mg providing the active constituents: Diadzein 5.5mg, Glycerine 3.85mg & Genistein 1.65mg.
Menopace® Calcium is free from artificial colourings, gluten, preservatives, fat and yeast. Menopace® Calcium has not been tested on animals.
TWO TABLETS PER DAY WITH OR IMMEDIATELY AFTER ANY MAIN MEAL. Swallow with a glass of water or a cold drink. Menopace® Calcium should not be taken on an empty stomach. Menopace® Calcium can be continued after the menopause for as long as required. Do not exceed the recommended tablet intake.
Menopace® Calcium does not contain any drugs or hormones and is produced in accordance with high pharmaceutical standards of quality control, beyond those normally required for food supplements.
- Why has Menopace® Calcium been developed?
Menopace® Calcium is a convenient all in one formula making it great value for money. Menopace® Calcium has been developed by a team of experts including highly qualified pharmacists and nutritionists, and is based upon published scientific research evidence, as a nutritional safeguard for women during and after the menopause. At this time certain vitamins and minerals are particularly important. Menopace® Calcium provides an effective combination of nutrients especially for this time, with a particular emphasis on bone health. These include 700mg calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin D3. Menopace® Calcium also contains extra soy isoflavones for those looking for even greater support.
- What do you need to know before starting to use Menopace® Calcium?
Menopace® Calcium is a food supplement and not a replacement for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. It does not contain any hormones, and can be taken with or without HRT. It is suitable for vegetarians.
- When is Menopace® Calcium recommended?
Menopace® Calcium is specially formulated to help maintain strong and healthy bones as well as vitality during and after the menopause, and can be continued after the menopause for as long as required. There is no maximum length of time over which Menopace®Calcium can be used. Menopace® Calcium is also recommended for those women who have an early menopause and who need to safeguard their bones over a longer period.
- Can Menopace® Calcium be used simultaneously with HRT medications?
Generally, Menopace® Calcium may be used along-side medications such as HRT because it contains only moderate levels of vitamins and minerals, and it is free of any drugs or hormones. Seek professional advice before using if you are under medical supervision. For specific advice on taking Menopace® Calcium with medicines, we recommend that you contact your doctor or pharmacist first.
- How and when should Menopace® Calcium be used?
Two tablets per day are recommended with or immediately after your main meal, with a full glass of water or a cold drink. Taking the tablets with a large meal maximises the absorption of the nutrients, and can reduce nausea, which is sometimes experienced if any multivitamins are taken on an empty stomach. Menopace® Calcium should only be taken on a full stomach. Always ensure that Menopace® Calcium is taken with plenty of liquid to wash the tablets down, and not tea or coffee as this may cause the tablets to disintegrate too early.
- Are there any undesired effects whilst taking Menopace® Calcium ?
Menopace® Calcium has no known side effects when taken as directed. Do not exceed the recommended tablet intake. In case of overdose, seek medical advice immediately.
- How long does it take before experiencing any benefit in relation to health and general well being?
Results vary amongst individuals, but in most cases we would expect the beneficial effects of the vitamins and minerals in Menopace® Calcium to build over several weeks, with noticeable results in one to three months. A regular intake is recommended.
- Is Menopace® Calcium recommended with any other Vitabiotics product(s)?
Menopace® Calcium is a complete all in one formula making it great value for money with no need for other multivitamins or calcium supplements.
- Some Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) levels are above 100%, is this safe?
Certain vitamins are very safe at levels tens or even hundreds of times the RDA, whereas for others the safety level is much closer to the RDA. For this reason every vitamin and mineral needs to considered on an individual basis in terms of its upper safe level.
The Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) is the amount of a vitamin or mineral which has been calculated to help prevent basic deficiency states in the general population. However, certain vitamins and minerals at optimal levels, above the RDA, have consistently been shown to have positive benefits in specific areas of health. This is why some Vitabiotics formulas have certain nutrient levels greater than 100% RDA.
All Vitabiotics products has been developed using the latest research and contain effective levels of vitamins and minerals, while avoiding any excessive amounts, in accordance with official upper safe limits for vitamins and minerals.
Vitabiotics avoids ‘mega dose’ levels of isolated nutrients and instead we have always stressed the importance of safe, moderate and sensible levels of vitamins and minerals, carefully balanced to maximise their combined effect; an approach which has been supported by many experts and researchers over the years.