- Osteocare® Fizz is an advanced effervescent formula for bone health and is available as a great tasting orange flavoured drink
- Postmenopausal women have an increased risk of bone loss for three reasons:
(1) bone mineral content tends to be lower in women than in men;
(2) dietary calcium intake may decrease with age, and
(3) the rate of bone loss accelerates at menopause
- The science of good bone structure
The number one calcium supplement in the UK, Osteocare® has been formulated by leading doctors and pharmacists.The well-balanced formula provides a rich source of calcium with co-factors to help maintain strong bones and teeth, as well as the health of the heart, muscles, and nerves
- It is also responsible for bone mineralization and producing the hormones which maintain healthy levels of calcium and phosphorus levels in the bones and bloodstream
- Osteocare contains the preferred D3 form of Vitamin D
- Vitamin D3, also known as cholecalciferol, is the form of vitamin D that is produced by the action of sunlight (UVB ultraviolet radiation) on a cholesterol-like molecule present in the skin
- The UK's best selling Osteocare® formulation is now available as a convenient, great tasting effervescent drink
- Peak bone mass, obtained during childhood and adolescent growth is known to be of major importance in maintaining the strength and integrity of bones later in life
- Calcium is vital for older women
Both sexes lose bone mass during their lifetime but after the menopause women usually lose bone mass much faster than men
- Osteocare® Fizz is a convenient alternative to tablets and is suitable for men and women of all ages
- Osteocare® Fizz is designed to help keep your bones strong and healthy and its advanced formula provides key nutrients for bone health including calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D, plus co-factors to help maintain bone renewal
- With vitamin D (in the preferred D3 form) and zinc
Vitamin D contributes to normal bone growth and development by helping the bones absorb calcium
- D3 is the preferred form of vitamin D because it is the specific form made in the human body and therefore more effective than D2 which is found in some supplements .
Osteocare also contains zinc to help in the constant regeneration of bone and to help maintain healthy muscles and nerves.
Calcium is important for everyone
Ensuring an adequate intake of calcium is vital for men and women of all ages, as evidence suggests that healthy practices early in life, including the adequate consumption of calcium and trace elements, contribute to greater bone strength and optimal bone mineralisation
- Two tablets provide the full-recommended daily allowances of calcium, which play a vital role in bone development, along with vitamin D and zinc
- From 1.5 years before menopause to 1.5 years after menopause, spine bone mineral density decreases by 2.5% per year, compared with a premenopausal loss rate of 0.13% per year.
The National Osteoporosis Society (NOS) recommends the following guidelines for calcium intake:
Age / Sex - Suggested daily calcium intake
Boys 11-18 years 1000 mg
Girls 11- 18 years 800 mg
Men & women over 19 years 700 mg
Pregnant women 700 mg
Breast-feeding women 700 mg + 550 mg
Based on scientific research
The Osteocare® formulation is based on the very latest international findings on the role of nutrients in bone health, as well as multiple large-scale scientific studies in the past 20 years.
Recommended for children and vegetarians
Also available as a pleasant tasting liquid, especially recommended for children, Osteocare® is the only calcium supplement in the UK with the full RDA of calcium to be officially approved by the Vegetarian Society
· No gluten
· No salt or yeast
· No preservatives
· Not tested on animals
· Easily absorbed formula
Osteocare® Fizz does not contain any drugs or hormones and is produced in accordance with high pharmaceutical standards of quality control, beyond those normally required for food supplements.
Always read the product directions before use. Do not exceed the recommended intake. As with other food supplements seek professional advice before using if you suffer from food allergies, and consult your doctor or pharmacist if your have an underlying medical condition (e.g. diabetes, epilepsy, hyperthyroidism), or if on medication. Vitamin supplements are not intended to treat or prevent any disease.
Dissolve one tablet in a glass of water to make a refreshing orange flavoured drink. Take one or twice daily.
Do not exceed the recommended intake as excessive consumption may produce laxative effects.
Vitabiotics has manufactured innovative health care products for over 30 years; a British company committed to human health and research.
Based in London, Vitabiotics has created a unique portfolio of products at the forefront of scientific developments in key sectors, including nutrition and women's health.
Designed to provide maximum efficacy by supporting the human body in its own natural processes, each product is developed using the latest research available, and produced to the highest pharmaceutical standards.
Innovation is the key to Vitabiotics' success. This means keeping at the leading edge of international research on the one hand, while remaining sensitive to specific consumer needs on the other.
Vitabiotics has a profound commitment to translating the latest scientific advancements into effective products, which are fully integrated with modern consumer lifestyles. Vitabiotics' brand portfolio includes some of the fastest growing supplements in the UK and numerous brand leaders.
Vitabiotics guarantees the highest technological skills and a dedication to excellence.