- The well-balanced formula provides a rich source of calcium with co-factors to help maintain strong bones and teeth, as well as the health of the heart, muscles, and nerves
- The formula includes the full-recommended daily allowances of calcium and magnesium, which play a vital role in bone development, along with vitamin D and zinc
- From 1.5 years before menopause to 1.5 years after menopause, spine bone mineral density decreases by 2.5% per year, compared with a premenopausal loss rate of 0.13% per year.
The National Osteoporosis Society (NOS), the leading bone charity in the UK, recommends the following intakes of calcium for each age group
- Postmenopausal women have an increased risk of bone loss for three reasons:
(1) bone mineral content tends to be lower in women than in men;
(2) dietary calcium intake may decrease with age, and
(3) the rate of bone loss accelerates at menopause
- Osteocare® supports the work of the NOS
- Age/Sex/Suggested Daily Calcium Intake:
Children 7-12 years 800 mg
Teenagers 13-19 years 1000 mg
Men 20-60 years 1000 mg
Women 20-45 years 1000 mg
Pregnant and nursing women 1200 mg
Pregnant and nursing teenagers 1500 mg
Women over 45 1500 mg
Women over 45 with HRT 1000 mg
Men over 60 1500 mg
Based on scientific research
The Osteocare® formulation is based on the very latest international findings on the role of nutrients in bone health, as well as multiple large-scale scientific studies in the past 20 years.
Recommended for children and vegetarians
Also available as a pleasant tasting liquid, especially recommended for children, Osteocare® is the only calcium supplement in the UK with the full RDA of calcium to be officially approved by the Vegetarian Society
- Peak bone mass, obtained during childhood and adolescent growth is known to be of major importance in maintaining the strength and integrity of bones later in life
- Vitamin D is necessary for the absorption and utilisation of calcium, and zinc helps in the constant regeneration of bone
- The number one calcium supplement in the UK, Osteocare® has been formulated by leading doctors and pharmacists
- Calcium is vital for older women
Both sexes lose bone mass during their lifetime but after the menopause women usually lose bone mass much faster than men
- Calcium is important for everyone
Ensuring an adequate intake of calcium is vital for men and women of all ages, as evidence suggests that healthy practices early in life, including the adequate consumption of calcium and trace elements, contribute to greater bone strength and optimal bone mineralisation
· No artificial colours
· No preservatives
· No gluten
· No alcohol
· No lactose
· No fat
· No salt or yeast
· Not tested on animals
· Suitable for vegetarains
Osteocare® does not contain any drugs or hormones and is produced in accordance with high pharmaceutical standards of quality control, beyond those normally required for food supplements
CHILDREN: (1-2 years) 1 teaspoon twice daily.
CHILDREN: (3-12 years) 2 teaspoons 2-3 times daily.
ADULTS: (men & women) 2 teaspoons twice daily.
PREGNANCY AND BREASTFEEDING: 2 teaspoons twice daily is recommended.
1 teaspoon = approx. 5ml
Vitabiotics has manufactured innovative health care products for over 30 years; a British company committed to human health and research.
Based in London, Vitabiotics has created a unique portfolio of products at the forefront of scientific developments in key sectors, including nutrition and women's health.
Designed to provide maximum efficacy by supporting the human body in its own natural processes, each product is developed using the latest research available, and produced to the highest pharmaceutical standards.
Innovation is the key to Vitabiotics' success. This means keeping at the leading edge of international research on the one hand, while remaining sensitive to specific consumer needs on the other.
Vitabiotics has a profound commitment to translating the latest scientific advancements into effective products, which are fully integrated with modern consumer lifestyles. Vitabiotics' brand portfolio includes some of the fastest growing supplements in the UK and numerous brand leaders.
Vitabiotics guarantees the highest technological skills and a dedication to excellence.