- Pregnacare Liquid has been carefully developed by experts so that all ingredient levels are within safe levels for pregnancy and are moderate rather than excessive.
Expert liquid nutrition for mother and baby
Pregnacare Liquid has been developed as an alternative supplement format for those who may have difficulty in swallowing tablets or simply prefer a liquid format
- Good nutrition is important to help prepare a woman's body for the additional demands placed on it during pregnancy
- Vitamin K is not known to specifically interact with the action of aspirin or heparin
- Also includes zinc which contributes to normal reproductive health.
Pregnacare avoids high dose iron which is not recommended
Unlike some prenatal iron supplements, Pregnacare has been specifically formulated with an ideal, moderate level of iron
- As with other food supplements, seek professional advice before using if you are under medical supervision or suffer from food allergies.
As Pregnacare contains vitamin K, if you are taking oral anticoagulants (e.g
- Keep tightly closed
- Pregnacare Liquid is a scientifically developed formulation of 18 important vitamins and minerals, including 400mcg folic acid and 10mcg vitamin D, the exact levels as recommended by the UK Department of Health
- Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus
- Providing an ideal alternative to tablets, the great tasting orange flavour liquid is gentle on the stomach.
Recommended level of folic acid & vitamin D
The UK Department of Health recommends all women planning a baby should take a supplement containing 400mcg of folic acid from the start of trying to conceive until the 12th week of pregnancy
- Pregnacare provides a range of nutrients for overall support, all at sensible, carefully balanced comprehensive levels, including vitamins B2, B6 and B12 which contribute to normal red blood cell formation
- Folic Acid is also beneficial beyond 12 weeks as it contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy.
With vitamin B12 and zinc
Many studies show the importance of ensuring the correct intake of various vitamins and minerals throughout the entire pregnancy and while you are a new mum
- warfarin) do not take Pregnacare except on the advice of a doctor
- To open bottle, press & turn childproof cap
- High levels of iron are not recommended unless there is a particular requirement as identified by your healthcare professional.
Specially formulated by experts
Pregnacare has been formulated by Vitabiotics experts during pregnancy to help safeguard a mother's diet
- You can start taking Pregnacare at any point during pregnancy.
Free from artificial colours
No salt, yeast or gelatin
Pregnacare is not tested on animals
Suitable for vegetarians
FOOD SUPPLEMENT with sugar and sweetener
Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle
- This is the exact amount of folic acid contained in Pregnacare Liquid.
Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status†
- Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction whilst vitamin B12 contributes to normal red blood cell formation and also has a role in the process of cell division
- After opening store in fridge out of reach of children and use within 6 weeks.
- It also includes iodine which is often recommended during pregnancy.
For all of pregnancy
Good nutritional intake is vital throughout pregnancy, not just the first 12 weeks
- This product contains iron, which if taken in excess by very young children may be harmful.
Store below 25°C in a dry place, out of sight and reach of children
- Pregnacare provides a comprehensive spectrum of essential nutrients at carefully chosen safe levels, developed on the basis of international research
- Pregnacare Liquid provides essential nutrients throughout pregnancy including folic acid which has an important role during the full nine months and contributes to normal blood formation
- Certain nutrients, like folic acid, vitamin B12 and zinc are also of particular importance from the very first moment of conception
- Pregnacare is proud to work in partnership with the Royal College of Midwives to support the health of mothers and babies by raising awareness of the benefits of good nutrition.
Before conception and during pregnancy
Pregnacare is recommended before conception to build up the stores of nutrients such as iron in women who are trying for a baby
Purified Water, Raw Cane Sugar, Sweetener: Maltitol Syrup, Magnesium Gluconate, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Glycerin, Ferrous Sulphate, Betacarotene (Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Vegetable Oil, Rosemary Extract, Antioxidants: Mixed Tocopherols), Zinc Gluconate, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum, Niacin (as Nicotinamide), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl), Flavouring: Orange Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Preservative: Potassium Sorbate, Pantothenic Acid (D-Panthenol), Vitamin E (DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate), Thiamin (Vitamin B1 as Hydrochloride), Copper Sulphate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid (as Pteroylmonoglutamic Acid), Potassium Iodide, D-Biotin, Vitamin K, Sodium Selenate, Antioxidant: Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA), Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin).
Nutritional Information Av. per 10ml % EC NRV*
Vitamin D (as D3 400 IU) 10 µg 200
Vitamin E 4 mg a-TE 33
Vitamin K 70 µg 93
Vitamin C 70 mg 88
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 3 mg 273
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 2 mg 143
Niacin (Vitamin B3) 20 mg NE 125
Vitamin B6 10 mg 714
Folic Acid 400 µg 200
Vitamin B12 6 µg 240
Biotin 150 µg 300
Pantothenic Acid 6 mg 100
Iron 17 mg 121
Zinc 7.5 mg 75
Copper 1000 µg 100
Selenium 30 µg 55
Iodine 150 µg 100
Betacarotene 1 mg -
*NRV = Nutrient Reference Value,µg = microgram,
mg = milligram, IU = International Units.
Before and during pregnancy:
Two 5ml teaspoonfuls per day.
(One teaspoonful = approx.5ml. 5ml spoon included)
Pregnacare Liquid should not be taken on an empty stomach. Recommended with or following a meal. Do not exceed the recommended intake. Excessive consumption may produce laxative effects. You can start taking Pregnacare at any point during pregnancy. This comprehensive formula replaces other Pregnacare supplements and multivitamins. There is no need to take an additional multivitamin.