- It is the sweetest of the polyols with the same sweetness as sugar (sucrose) but with 40% fewer calories and none of the negative tooth decay or insulin release effects of sugar
- For commercial use, it is manufactured from xylan hemicellulose sources such as Birch trees, cane bagasse and corn cobs/stalks
- Sugarfree chewing gums and candies made with xylitol as the principal sweetener have already received official endorsements from six national dental associations
- On food labels, Xylitol is classified as a carbohydrate
- Xylitol use has been shown to reduce instances of tooth decay by up to 80%
- Xylitol has been used in foods since the 1960's and is approved in the U.S
- as a food additive in unlimited quantity for foods with special dietary purposes and is safe for use by diabetics and hypoglycemics
- Over 25 years of testing clinical testing confirms that Xylitol is the best sweetener for teeth
Health Benefits of Xylitol:
Xylitol is one of bacteria's natural enemies. When certain harmful bacteria enter the body, they attach to the membranes of the nose and throat. They begin to culture and grow, causing infection and sickness.
When xylitol is introduced to the harmful bacteria (specifically Strep pneumo and H Flu), the bacteria lose their ability to adhere to those membranes and are not able to grow. Unlike most antibiotics which kill the majority of bacteria and leave the resistant, super bacteria behind, xylitol merely flushes harmful bacteria away.
Studies have shown that xylitol has significant dental benefits. These benefits have been confirmed in numerous field studies conducted throughout the world and has lead to official endorsements by the dental association in Finland, Norway, Sweden, England, Ireland, Estonia and the Netherlands of products containing high levels of xylitol.
Xylitol has been clinically proven to:
Fight and lessen the occurrence of Inner Ear and Sinus Infection
Fight and Reduce Plaque
Reduces the secretion of Plaque Acids
Facilitate the Remineralization of Tooth Enamel
Xylitol is also:
Recommended by Dentists, Medical Doctors, Periodontists, Pediatricians and many health organizations and health professionals worldwide.
Recommended as a sweetener for diabetics and people with hypoglycemia. Xylitol has a LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX (7) and has little effect on blood sugar levels.
Recommended as a natural replacement for fluoride. Clinical studies show that Xylitol helps reduce cavities up to 80%. It reduces plaque and allows fluoride to more easily penetrate teeth.