- XyloSweet®, a xylitol-based sweetener, is the sweetest of all bulk sugar substitutes. Currently used in many sugar-free products, it is increasingly gaining acceptance as an alternative sweetener; using it may reduce the risk of tooth decay. Unlike artificial sweeteners, our sweetners contains all-natural xylitol — nothing else!
- XyloBrit® consists entirely of xylitol, a naturally-occurring sugar-free sweetener
- Xylitol is a 5-carbon polyol, widely distributed throughout nature in small amounts
- The human body typically produces 5 - 15g of xylitol per day during its natural energy metabolism processes
- Xylitol looks and tastes just like ordinary sugar - with no aftertaste - and has the same sweetness as ordinary sugar
- Some of the best sources are fruits, berries, mushrooms, corncobs and hardwoods
- The xylitol in XyloBrit® is actually extracted from birch trees and other hardwoods
- A Healthy Alternative to Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners
Xylitol has only 2.4 calories per gram (as opposed to 4.0 calories/g in ordinary sugar) so can be used by dieters as part of a low-calorie diet
- Xylitol also has a very low Glycaemic Index (GI = 8)
Low-GI foods release their energy gradually into the blood stream and do not cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels
- This means that XyloBrit is suitable for use by diabetics
- This also means that that you avoid the swings of energy-rushes and hunger pangs that can otherwise lead to a tendency to “snack”
- Dental Benefits
Xylitol is a tooth-friendly sugar substitute
- In addition to exerting its beneficial effect by replacing dietary sugar, recent studies indicate that xylitol also encourages plaque reduction and promotes the maintenance of healthy teeth and gums and the natural pH balance of the mouth
- This has lead to recommendations by numerous Dental Associations around the world
- Xylitol is now used extensively in sugar-free chewing-gum and oral-hygiene products worldwide
- Other Health Benefits
Xylitol also has a prebiotic effect, assisting the growth of friendly bacteria in the gut, assisting nutrient absorption and supporting bowel-health
Xylobrit has the same taste, texture and sweetness as ordinary sugar. It can be used just like ordinary sugar in hot and cold drinks, and sprinkled on desserts and cereals on a one-for-one basis. XyloBrit may have a pleasant cooling-effect in the mouth when used on cold desserts.
In home baking (with white flour, for instance) try replacing the ordinary sugar in the recipe with half-and-half Xylobrit and sugar.
NB: Xylitol in common with other polyols has a mild laxative effect at high levels of intake. To avoid this, daily consumption should be limited to 0.5g – 1.0g per 1kg of body weight (adults and children alike).
Foods containing Xylitol should not be fed to pet animals.
Product Dimensions: 18.4 x 8.9 x 29.2 cm
Item model number 5 lbs. (2268 g)
Speciality Suitable for Diabetics, No Added Sugar
Package Information: Packet
Country Produced In USA
Britannia Health Products Ltd
5 out of 5
By Misha | Posted on: 24/01/2015
It taste like sugar! Very nice taste, doesnt leave an after taste like many other sweetners.
5 out of 5
By Mwalimu | Posted on: 19/08/2014
This is an excellent alternative to "ordinary" sugar