- The reason for moisturising is simply to retain valuable acidic fluid protection that helps prevent the body being invaded by germs
- This is a smooth, white uncomplicated cream moisturiser for all age groups, excellent for all but greasy or acne-prone skin types
- Most commercial moisturisers contain heavy mineral (petrol-based) oils, so they absorb the moisture into themselves and consequently clog the pores, preventing proper skin elimination and blocking the application of make-up
- This is achieved with the plant ingredients contained in the Natural Moisturiser: orange, apple and grapefruit
- Yin Yang Natural Moisturiser contains no petrol-based oils.
This moisturiser should not be confused with the Yin Yang skin treatment creams or conditioners which, as well as providing moisture, also provide proteins
Aqua (Water), Coconut Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth, Amygdalum, Citrus Sinensis (Essential Oil of Sweet Orange), Hamamelis (Witch Hazel), Malum Acetum (Apple Cider Vinegar)*, Condire, Citrus Grandis (Essential Oil of Grapefruit), Citricidal, Acidophilus.
* Organic Ingredients
Natural Moisturiser should be used after the Yin Yang cleansing routine and can also be used as the basis for perfect make-up application.
The YinYang product range was designed and formulated by skincare expert, Katie May.
With a background in the food industry, she began formulating her own range of beauty care products in 1972. Using food ingredients in the formulations was simply a natural progression from her professional background. If it's not good enough to eat, why would you wish to put it on your skin? Especially when you know it will be absorbed into the body, just as readily as if you had consumed it.
Katie is adamant that the ingredients should be as pure and natural as possible.
While the YinYang range was developed and continues to be manufactured in England, it was inspired by the ancient Chinese philosophy of ‘Yin’ and ‘Yang’, used to explain the changes that occur in nature.
This philosophy is described by the Yin Yang symbol: the black and white shapes within the circle represent the interaction of two opposing yet complementary energies, Yin (black) and Yang (white), which cause everything in nature to happen. While Yin would be dark, passive, downward, cold, contracting, and weak, Yang would be bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, and strong. The ancient Chinese observed the principle of opposites in the natural events around them: day and night, light and darkness, waking and sleeping, activity and rest, summer and winter, growth and decay, man and woman, hot and cold, heaven and earth, sun and moon, etc. The interlocking shapes of the Yin and Yang sections of the symbol actually give a sense of the continual movement of these two energies and their interrelationship. And so the concept of Yin and Yang shows how harmony is achieved by nature’s opposing forces.
Just as the YinYang symbol reflects the idea of perfection in nature, so does our range of unique natural skincare products. Thus, inspired by ancient Chinese philosophy, our motto is ‘Naturally Balanced Perfection’.
© Yin Yang