- This ensures the active ingredient is carried through the skin, over the cold sore, and into the area where the virus is reproducing
- Once the virus is contained in this way, it is easier for the body's natural defences to mop up the virus that is left
- In Zovirax Cold Sore Cream, aciclovir, the antiviral active ingredient, is delivered in a specially formulated cream containing an absorption accelerator
- When this happens cold sores disappear.
- Once it reaches this area it springs into action - making it difficult for the virus to reproduce itself
Smooth , white cream containing: Aciclovir 5%.
For external use only. Do not aply to the inside of the mouth, the eye or for herpes infections of genital areas.
Do not exceed the stated dose
Adults and children: apply 5 times daily for 5 days starting during the tingle phase. If healing has not occurred continue for a further 5 days.
GlaxoSmithKline Nutritional Healthcare